Will published: July 20, 2009
About the Author
Neal Fishman, leader of IBM Software Group's integration forensics program, has spoken at conferences around the world, and is a Practicing Member of the World Wide Institute of Software Architects. He holds IBM certifications in DB2, DataStage, QualityStage, and Information Analyzer. Fishman co-authored Enterprise Architecture Using the Zachman Framework.
· Why poor-quality data has become even more dangerous
· Practical solutions for assessing, improving, and sustaining data quality
· Why data governance is so critical-and realistic models for implementing it
· How to instill proactive accountability throughout your data processes
· Proven techniques for evaluating data before, during, and after its use
· Handling persistence and memory-resident databases in SOA environments
· Improving business, system, reference, and “meta” data
· Creating data models that support today’s broader spectrum of applications
· Sustaining data quality through conditioning
· Using systems thinking to limit future data problems and understand the potential ripple effects of data sharing
What is a Rough Cut?
The Rough Cuts service from Safari Books Online gives you exclusive access to an evolving manuscript that you can read online or download as a PDF and print. A Rough Cuts book is not fully edited or completely formatted, but you'll get access to new versions as they are created.
If you prefer to pre-order a copy, amazon currently has the pre-order price set at $26.39... which is a 34% discount.
Either way, I'm sure you'll love the book as much as I do!