We used the hashtag #bigdatamgmt and achieved the following results:
625 tweets, 157 users, 153,849 reach, 1,849,624 impressions
For recaps, see these blog entries:
Recap of Tweetchat: "Mobile Data: Taking Your Big Data On the Road" - Part 1
Recap of Tweetchat: "Mobile Data: Taking Your Big Data On the Road" - Part 2
Recap of Tweetchat: "Mobile Data: Taking Your Big Data On the Road" - Part 3
Mining the data, I was able to pull out many recommended articles, videos and even a book that were mentioned during the flurry of tweets. Thanks to all for participating and for helping us to collectively grow our skills in this very important area!
furrier As navigation promotion here are all the videos from IOD:
Multimedia Coverage from theCube and SiliconANGLE.tv Original Content: SiliconANGLE and Wikibon filmed two days of live video at IBM Information On Demand in Las Vegas, October 22 and 23, 2012.
Gartner's Nexus of Forces model
furrier A4: this is a good video to watch on compliance data issues:
Randy Kahn - IBM Information On Demand - theCUBE
TheSocialPitt: Example of this; RT @craigmullins: A6: W/ GPS/sensors when u walk past fave coffee shop device can alert u special:
Big Data, Big Opportunities: Telecommunications
furrier @edd Dumbill lays it out; great watch:
Edd Dumbill - Strata 2013 - theCUBE
jeffreyfkelly More here: RT @TheSocialPitt A6 Watson using data from #mobile devices to help diagnose, treat patients:
IBM’s Vision for Watson in Healthcare
furrier Economist editor Ken Cukier has amazing important book Big Data Revolution:
Ken Cukier - Strata 2013 - theCUBE
Note: I just started reading this book and am on Chapter 5 now. I like the examples and the messages. I recommend this book.
RT IBMbigdata 5 Ways to Make BigData Production Ready [slides]
jeffreyfkelly Context for oil comments:
Post on Rommetty's comments that Big Data is IBM's main focus for 2013. Good stuff.
More suggestions from jeffreyfkelly:
- IBM's CEO Says Big Data is Like Oil, Enterprises Need Help Extracting the Value
- IBM Announces Success in Watson Case Competition
- IBM's Watson Tackles the Challenge of Improving Outcomes for Cancer Patients
- What is Watson?
Listen to the second topic in this webinar about the new mobile features that were introduced in DB2 last fall: DB2 Tech Talk: What's Hot from Information on Demand Conference. Also from George, you can find this blog entry: Mobile Devices settle Stormy Waters .
IBM Mobile Database is a free download that works with DB2. Try the mobile features yourself, with this download: Download: IBM Mobile Database.
The major highlights include:
- 6 MB footprint, in-memory database to fit on mobile devices
- Full-featured relational DB with standard SQL API, procedures, triggers
- Fast and reliable access to enterprise data offline
- Enterprise level data security
- Persistent data storage and Automatic recovery
- Transactional storage also during connection loss
- Built-in replication capabilities allowing synchronization with IBM databases
- Flexible options such as partitioning data or creating views to customize data for each device or user
Join us for our next tweetchat which takes place on Wednesday, March 27 at 12:00 noon ET. Topic is "In-Memory for Big Data Management" with panelists: James Kobielus, analysts from Wikibon and SiliconANGLE, and IBM Champions Alex Philp, Cristian Molaro, Craig Mullins, Cuneyt Goksu and others.
Stay tuned for more!