Q1 - Exam 703 Assessment Questions
svisser1 2700018UK9 Visits (1762)
The target audience is a database developer who has an in-depth knowledge of:
* all common programming tasks
* embedded SQL programming, ODBC/CLI programming, or Java programming
There are 63 multiple choice questions on the test and you are required to get a score of 57% or better to pass. The following 7 sections are on the test:
* Database objects and Programming Methods (13%)
* Data Manipulation (26%)
* Embedded SQL Programming (11%)
* ODBC/CLI Programming (13%)
* Java Programming (13%)
* Advanced Programming (16%)
* User Defined Routines (8%)
Section 1: Database objects and Programming Methods (13%)
This section tests:
* Your ability to identify the different database objects that are available with DB2 UDB.
* Your ability to identify the naming conventions used for DB2 UDB objects.
* Your knowledge of the constraints available and your ability to identify when and how NOT NULL, default, check, unique, and referential integrity constraints should be used.
* Your ability to identify how operations performed on the parent table of a referential integrity constraint are reflected in the child table of the constraint.
* Your ability to identify the more common privileges used when developing or running DB2 UDB applications.
* Your knowledge of the various special registers available and your ability to obtain the current value of any special register using SQL.
* Your ability to identify the similarities and differences between static embedded SQL and dynamic embedded SQL.
* Your ability to identify the difference between CLI/ODBC, JDBC, and SQLJ.
Today's assessment question:
Given a table created using the statement:
CREATE TABLE abc.stuff (i INT)
A user called XYZ is to be enabled to access data from table ABC.STUFF using an implicit schema.
Assuming the necessary privileges have been granted, which of the following statements issued by user ABC will provide this result?
A. CREATE ALIAS stuff FOR abc.stuff
B. CREATE VIEW abc.stuff FOR xyz.stuff
C. CREATE ALIAS abc.stuff FOR xyz.stuff
D. CREATE VIEW xyz.stuff AS SELECT i FROM abc.stuff
Where to find the answer:
1) Chapter 2 of Roger Sanders book: DB2(R) Universal Database V8.1 Certification Exam 703 Study Guide
2) Tutorial: http
3) Product document: search on 'alias'
Tip: If you are an employee of IBM, search for Roger's book on Books 24x7.