Pre-order now: Viral Data in SOA
svisser1 2700018UK9 Visits (1298)
Amazon's pre-order price for this book is an amazing 34% off the regular price. Act now as this offer could be removed at any time!
An Enterprise Pandemic
by Neal A. FishmanEnsure the Reliability of the Data
Service-oriented environments utilize web services to share data more widely and rapidly than ever before. It’s easier than ever for incorrect data to trigger inappropriate actions, prevent urgent actions from being taken, disrupt customer transactions and relationships, generate compliance problems, and damage business performance. Companies need a comprehensive blueprint for ensuring data reliability in their SOA environments. Viral Data in SOA provides that blueprint.
Leading IBM data forensics expert Neal A. Fishman helps you identify the unique challenges of data quality in your SOA environment-and implement solutions that deliver the best results at the lowest cost.
Writing for both business and technical professionals, Fishman shows how to think about data quality on a risk/reward basis...why effective data governance is so important, and how to achieve it...how to evaluate data quality, and overcome its inevitable decay...and, last but not least, how to actually drive a data quality initiative that works.
· Why poor-quality data has become even more dangerous
· Practical solutions for assessing, improving, and sustaining data quality
· Why data governance is so critical-and realistic models for implementing it
· How to instill proactive accountability throughout your data processes
· Proven techniques for evaluating data before, during, and after its use
· Handling persistence and memory-resident databases in SOA environments
· Improving business, system, reference, and “meta” data
· Creating data models that support today’s broader spectrum of applications
· Sustaining data quality through conditioning
· Using systems thinking to limit future data problems and understand the potential ripple effects of data sharing
Neal A. Fishman, leader of IBM Software Group’s integration forensics program, has spoken at conferences around the world, and is a Practicing Member of the World Wide Institute of Software Architects. He has served as Technology Editor for the Data to Knowledge Newsletter, and as a member of the IEEE IDEFobject and Business Rules Group standards committees. Fishman holds IBM certifications in DB2, DataStage, QualityStage, and Information Analyzer. He is co-author of Enterprise Architecture Using the Zachman Framework.
I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.