Pre-order now! Advanced DBA Cert Guide
svisser1 2700018UK9 Visits (2769)
DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Advanced Database Administration Certification: Certification Study Guide by Roger Sanders and Dwaine Snow is going through its final tech review right now.... and the reviewers are loving the book! Order your copy now... amazon.com is offering a 37% discount for pre-orders.
This new book is essentially an update to the very successful book that was published to support DB2 V8: Advanced DBA Certification Guide and Reference for DB2(R) Universal Database v8 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows by Dwaine Snow and Thomas Phan.
1) We changed publishers... This book will join the series of V9 study guides published by MC Press. These books are very successful and are excellent resources to prepare people for the V9 cert exams.
2) We changed one of the authors: Roger Sanders teamed with Dwaine Snow... so together they bring their talents to this one book. Roger with his amazing writing skill and the creator of the study guide format that you will recognize throughout his books.... and Dwaine for his deep technical knowledge in the advanced DBA area.
3) Sample questions were added that are similar to the actual exam... along with explanations for the correct answers.
What's the same?
1) Much of Dwaine's content is the similar to the old book... and if the exam doesn't cover certain topics, the content has been included in an appendix of the new book.
2) The first book had 14 5-star reviews... and one 4-star review. Of course there are no reviews of the new book yet... but I'm asking the reviewers to give their feedback so you can see it.