Pre-certification class for test 737: DB2 9 System Administration for z/OS ?
svisser1 2700018UK9 Visits (1560)
LinkedIn group IDUG Europe 2009 to discuss plans for next year's IDUG conference in Rome.
The current question is regarding whether people are interested in attending a crammer course for Exam 737: DB2 9 System Administration for z/OS. The exam is really new... here are the objectives of the exam:
This certification exam certifies that the successful candidate has important knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to describe the architecture and administer the processes required to plan, install, manage, and tune secure DB2 for z/OS environments.
Section 1 - Installation and Migration (15%)
1. Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of the inst
Section 2 - Security and Auditing (7%)
1. Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of how to protect DB2 subsystem and resources2. Describe auditing techniques3. Describe role-based security and the advantage of deploying it
Section 3 - System Operation and Maintenance (21.5%)
1. Describe how to use and manage DB2 components and processes2. Demonstrate knowledge of DB2 commands3. Given a scenario, describe how to monitor an dcontrol DB2 threads4. Demonstrate knowledge of DB2 commands
Section 4 - Backup and Recovery (20%)
1. Demonstrate knowledge of system level backup and recovery procedures2. Given a scenario, describe how to recover from system failures3. Describe the process for disaster recovery
Section 5 - Performance and Tuning (21.5%)
1. Given a scenario, analyze performance2. Demonstrate knowledge of how buffer pools and ZPARMs can affect performance3. Demonstrate knowledge of statistics, tools, and traces used for monitoring4. Given a scenario, describe techniques to achieve efficient use of memory5. Demonstrate knowledge of workload manager settings for DB2
Section 6 - Troubleshooting (15%)
1. Given a scenario, describe which documentation can be used to solve a problem2. Demonstrate knowledge of operator commands and traces fro troubleshooting3. Describe how to identify contention problems4. Demonstrate knowledge of diagnostic utilities5. Given a scenario, identify and resolve data sharing problems
How can you study for the exam? Currently there are two courses listed on the Exam Preparation page: DB2 9 for z/OS System Administration, Course number: CV85, and DB2 9 for z/OS Implementation Workshop, Course number: CV86.
I personally would like to see a book published in the MC Press certification study series. What do you think? Are you interested in taking this exam? Would you also want a related book? I have an author and an outline, I just need to be sure that there are interested people once the books is available.
Let me know either in a comment to this blog entry, or by sending me an email directly.... or via the linkedIN entry that Hans started. Looking forward to hearing from you.