Meet author Bill Carpenter and have him sign a copy of his book at the IBM Information on Demand 2011 Conference. Come to the Conference bookstore Thursday October 27 from 11:00 – 12:00 pm to meet Bill. Soon you’ll be able to add this signing and others to your Smart Site schedule.
- Quickly get up to speed on all significant features and the major components of IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager
- Provides technical details that are valuable both for beginners and experienced Content Management professionals alike, without repeating product reference documentation
- Gives a big picture description of Enterprise Content Management and related IT areas to set the context for Content Manager
- Written by an IBM employee, William Carpenter, who has extensive experience in Content Manager product development, this book gives practical tips and notes with a step by-step approach to design real Enterprise Content Management solutions to solve your business needs
- IBM FileNet P8 Content Manager, built on top of the mature FileNet platform, is a complete, world class Enterprise Content Management platform. With its rock solid document management features, tight integration with BPM systems and other components, and rich API set, it is a highly scalable and secure solution to common and uncommon Enterprise Content Management requirements.
- Written by a FileNet insider, who is an Enterprise Content Management architect and engineer, this book is a straightforward guide to effectively install, manage, and administer FileNet P8 content Manager. It emphasizes practical, specific, and hands-on information about features for building Enterprise Content Management solutions. At every step, real-world tips and important information are called out to save you time and trouble when building customized solutions.
- Beginning with an overview of Enterprise Content Management, the book moves quickly to the matter of getting a real Content Management system up and running. You learn key Content Management applications that are demonstrated to show you the major concepts that matter you as a developer, administrator, or as an end user. There are separate chapters that describe major platform features, security-related features, and integrations with other commonly used software components. A realistic sample application, designed right infront of you unfolds the genius in IBM Filenet P8 Content Manager. Finally, you take an in-depth look at troubleshooting, support sites, and online resources to help meet your security needs.
- Master the ins and outs of the FileNet P8 platform, easily
You can also see Bill in the following sessions:
Wednesday 4:30-5:45 pm
IBM FileNet Content Manager
In this session, you will have the opportunity to meet with technical architects for IBM FileNet Content Manager and discuss the future direction of the technology.
For IOD sessions related to this book, see the Enterprise Content Management Roadmaps:
- ECM Advanced Case Management
- ECM Content Analytics
- ECM Document Imaging and Capture
- ECM General
- ECM Information Lifecycle Governance
- ECM Social Content Management
Other blog entries about IOD Events:
- Meet Author Sandy Carter at IOD2011 - Get Bold: Using Social Media
- Meet Netezza Expert & Author David Birmingham at IOD11
- Meet Data Warehouse expert & author: Bob Laberge
- Meet author Tony Giordano, “Data Integration Blueprint and Modeling”
- Are you thinking of IOD yet?
- QR Codes - How to use them
- It’s time to start planning for IBM’s Information on Demand (IOD) Conference
- Have you benefited from IBM Information Management training resources?
- Certification Crammer Courses: IOD pre-conference training
- Deep dive into DB2 LUW Problem Determination and Troubleshooting
- IBM BigInsights at IOD11