Author Robert Laberge is flying in from Ireland to meet people who are interested in having him sign copies of his book at the IBM Information on Demand 2011 Conference. Come to the Conference bookstore Tuesday October 25 from 10:30 – 11:30 am to meet Bob. Soon you’ll be able to add this signing and others to your Smart Site schedule.
by Robert Laberge
What’s in the Book?
In The Data Warehouse Mentor: Practical Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Insights, business intelligence and data warehousing expert Robert Laberge explains the components and different alternatives in building a data warehouse and describes pros and cons for choosing one path over another. Building a data warehouse is unique for each organization but can be guided by the author’s years of knowledge obtained from working on many differing data warehouse and business intelligence environments in organizations around the world.
The book covers practical and technical aspects of current data warehouse and business intelligence issues with views on realistic solutions within the management and technical arenas. Data warehousing topics are first presented from a high-level overview to ensure the terminology and context is understood, and are then covered in deeper detail to clarify the specifics. These topics all pertain to data warehousing, business intelligence, and performance management.
The Data Warehouse Mentor
- Explains the proper implementation of the many available technologies and practices
- Shares the author’s nearly 30 years of data warehouse and business intelligence experience in more than 20 countries worldwide
- Mentors you to success in determining and deploying the most effective data warehouse and business intelligence solutions for your business
- Helps you anticipate future data requirements and usage to ensure the design and build environment for your solution is flexible and open to change
Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Overview; Data in the Organization; Reasons for Building; Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Strategy - The Plan; Project Resources – Roles and Insights; Write it Up – Overview; Business Intelligence: Data Marts & Usage; Enterprise Data Models; Data Warehouse Architecture; ETL and Data Quality; Project Planning; Working Scenarios - Hands On; Data Governance; Post Project Review
About the Author
Robert Laberge is a lead principle consultant for the IBM Industry Models and Assets Lab in Dublin which focuses on data warehousing and business intelligence solutions. He has helped more than 50 large organizations in 20 countries by mentoring, training, and demonstrating data warehouse and business intelligence solutions, including Target, Qwest, ING, Mayo Clinic, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, BMW, Korea Telecom, Scotiabank, Capital One, Reliance Infocomm, and Tata Group. Robert has a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Durham (UK) and has nearly 30 years of experience in IT.
Proven strategies for implementing the right data warehouse and business intelligence solutions for current and future business needs: order the book now!
Other Warehouse events taking place at IOD:
The best way to find out the warehouse specific sessions that are available at IOD this year is to review the roadmaps that were put together to guide you. Here is the mega list!
Other blog entries about IOD Events:
- Meet Author Sandy Carter at IOD2011 - Get Bold: Using Social Media
- Meet Netezza Expert & Author David Birmingham at IOD11
- Are you thinking of IOD yet?
- QR Codes - How to use them
- It’s time to start planning for IBM’s Information on Demand (IOD) Conference
- Have you benefited from IBM Information Management training resources?
- Certification Crammer Courses: IOD pre-conference training
- Deep dive into DB2 LUW Problem Determination and Troubleshooting
- IBM BigInsights at IOD11