Life Long Learning
svisser1 2700018UK9 Comments (2) Visits (3696)
1. To better organize my blog. I was given the book Blogging for Dummies by my friends at Wiley. I decided to read the book to see if there was anything that I didn't know... given that I've been blogging for 4 years! Yes, I did learn plenty and you'll benefit by seeing some changes. First off, I've gone back through my entries that were posted in the last year and put them into categories. Now you'll have a easier time of finding my old posts or related posts.
I also fixed a few broken links and cleaned up a bit. Do I have more to learn? Yes! I'm still reading the book and will use everything I learn.
2. Our community keeps growing! I was very happy to see that we now have more than 1100 members on channeldb2.com! See my post from a few months ago for some getting started with communities information... What did I learn? There are 1100 members on channeldb2.com and 43 groups... but not many people join the groups. My favourite group is DB2 in Books, for obvious reasons, but this group only has 39 members :< Can more people join? Or tell me why this group isn't appealing so I can improve it.
3. I've found a productivity wiki (inside IBM's firewall) and a link to some new IBM software (inside as well). Although I can't share what I've found... I'm glad I found it. I like to eliminate waste everywhere I can... especially if it makes it possible for me to get more done in a day.
4. Lotus Symphony.... I must admit that I've been using Microsoft Office tools for awhile but was encouraged to try the new document, spreadsheet, and presentation software (thanks to Bob Picciano). I've successfully created new documents and will now try to import all my previous documents into this new software.
5. I've heard about another blogger that I plan to check out: Todd Watson.
6. In terms of social marketing, I'm reading the free ebook: Web 2.0 Marketing. I've finished the first chapter: Measure Your Search Marketing Success and have new ideas about measuring the success of my blog. I'm looking forward to finding the time to read other chapters in this book as well.
That's all I can share today. Keep on learning!