Killer Apps: Connect everything to everything...
svisser1 2700018UK9 Visits (3087)
Killer App. This one was from last year.... and the closing remark: "I don't know how to do that." I think MDM is "how you can do that" and is the answer to connecting everything to everything... the power is amazing.
Learn how: preorder Enterprise MDM - An SOA Approach to Managing Core Information.
This is valuable reading for everyone who wants to understand MDM.
- - -
Product Description: The Only Complete Technical Primer for Every MDM Planner and Implementer
Companies moving toward flexible SOA architectures often face difficult information management and integration challenges. The “lifeblood” master data they rely on is often stored and managed in ways that are redundant, inconsistent, inaccessible, non-standardized, and poorly governed. Using Master Data Management (MDM), organizations can regain control of their master data and maximize its value in SOA environments.
Now, for the first time, there’s an authoritative, vendor-independent MDM technical reference for every practitioner: architects, technical analysts, consultants, solution designers, and senior IT decision-makers. Authored by the IBM data management innovators who are pioneering MDM, this book systematically introduces MDM’s key concepts and technical themes, explains its business case, and illuminates how it interrelates with and enables SOA.
Drawing on their experience with cutting-edge projects, the authors introduce MDM patterns, blueprints, solutions, and best practices published nowhere else--everything you need to establish a consistent, manageable set of master data, and use it for competitive advantage.
• How MDM and SOA complement each other• Using the MDM Reference Architecture to position and design MDM solutions within an enterprise• Assessing the value and risks to master data, and applying the right security controls• Utilizing PIM-MDM and CDI-MDM Solution Blueprints to address industry-specific information management challenges• Incorporating MDM solutions into existing IT landscapes via MDM Integration Blueprints• Leveraging master data as an enterprise asset—bringing people, process, and technology together with MDM and data governance• Identifying user roles, responsibilities. and skill descriptions for MDM project participants• Case studies in MDM deployment, including data warehouse and SAP integration
About the Authors: * Allen Dreibelbis, Executive Architect in the IBM Software Group Worldwide Information Platform and Solutions Architecture Team, led the development of the MDM Reference Architecture.
* Eberhard Hechler, Technical Enablement Architect for IBM Information Platform & Solutions, works with system integrators throughout Europe.
* Ivan Milman, Senior Technical Staff Member at the IBM Software Group and IBM Master Inventor, focuses on security and governance in information management.
* Martin Oberhofer, Technical Consultant at the IBM Böblingen Lab, is a member of the Worldwide IBM Software Group Master Data Management Center of Excellence.
* Paul van Run, IBM Senior Technical Staff Member, is responsible for architecting the MDM Server and WebSphere Product Center.
* Dan Wolfson is an IBM Distinguished Engineer and Chief Architect/CTO for the Information Platform and Solutions segment of the IBM Information Management Division of the IBM Software Group.
If you are attending the IBM Information On Demand EMEA Conference 2008 meet all six authors in person and have a copy of your book signed.