Another great book about Cognos 10 has just published by McGraw-Hill. The amazon price is now 40% off the regular price.
by Dan Volitich and Gerard Ruppert
Updated for the latest release of the software, IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10: The Official Guide explains how to create, implement, and manage an enterprise BI solution. Maximize all of the new and enhanced features, including the powerful modeling, monitoring, and analytics capabilities. Build and deliver reports that foster informed business decisions and better results. Filled with real-world examples and expert advice, this practical resource is ideal for anyone working with IBM Cognos Business Intelligence v10.1--from administrators to end users.
- Monitor performance using dashboards and scorecards
- Assign user roles and privileges
- Provide a single access point to application-specific data via Cognos Connection
- Access content from Microsoft Office applications and mobile devices
- Collect and analyze BI data in an interactive dashboard with Cognos Business Insight
- Use Cognos Administration tools for system management
- Implement appropriate security measures
- Create BI reports with relational and dimensional data using Business Insight Advanced
- Use Report Studio to build dimensional reports and statistical analyses
- Identify and deliver mission-critical information using Event Studio
- Monitor business performance with Metric Studio
- Create, modify, organize, and publish a model in Framework Manager
- Ensure report integrity with Lifecycle Manager
About the Authors
Dan Volitich is president and owner of John Daniel Associates, an Accredited IBM Cognos Service Partner which he co-founded in 1996 to serve the BI market. John Daniel designs, develops, and deploys enterprise-wide IBM Cognos reporting and analysis solutions for Fortune and mid-market companies, and is considered a technical leader with Cognos Accredited Partner status. Dan has over 20 years in the BI industry.
Gerard Ruppert has been with John Daniel Associates since April, 2000 and has over 15 years experience in the BI industry. He has delivered successful data warehouse and BI solutions with his significant experience with the IBM Cognos suite of tools to both large enterprise and mid-market clients.
Also check out another Cognos book that recently published: IBM Cognos TM1: The Official Guide