I am looking forward to going to Denver this weekend in preparation of IDUG NA which starts on Monday, May 14. I’m hoping to blog and tweet from there, so regardless if you are at the conference or not, you can follow what’s going on. Here are some key links:
- #idugna for conference level tweets
- #idug for IDUG in general
- @IDUGConference will be used for announcing room changes and formal announcements
IDUG’s Facebook page will also be pretty busy during the conference too: www.facebook.com/IDUGDB2
More information about this year’s IDUG Conference:
On Tuesday in the Exhibit Hall, we'll be handing out a limited supply of signed copies of the New Flashbook for DB2 10. For those of you not at the conference, follow my blog for information on how you can download a copy for free.
Two other books will be launching at IDUG this year. We don’t have a bookstore, but be sure to speak to the authors for information on ordering a copy for yourself at a discount offered to IDUG attendees:
- DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration: Certification Study Guide by Susan Lawson and Dan Luksetich
- DB2 Developer's Guide: A Solutions-Oriented Approach to Learning the Foundation and Capabilities of DB2 for z/OS (6th Edition) by Craig Mullins
The winner of this year’s DB2’s Got Talent competition was Kohli (We HAVE a winner! DB2’s Got Talent Competition) and he chose to attend IDUG Denver as his prize. I’m looking forward to meeting Kohli. If you were also a competitor, please find me at the show and introduce yourself.
If you’re interested in writing articles or books, or reviewing any of the upcoming books… also find me and let me know. I may have some interesting opportunities for you!