As you’ve noticed, I’m promoting the upcoming IBM Information on Demand Conference via my blog. Many Europeans are unable to afford the time or money to go all the way to Las Vegas for a conference, so the good news is there is an amazing conference planned for Prague in November. I’m hoping that I can attend in order to set up a bookstore for attendees.
IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Prague, Czech Republic, 13-18 November 2011, at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague
- Register on or before 17 October 2011 and receive a discount of EUR 275.
- Multiple Delegate Discount: For every three individuals who register from the same organization, a fourth may attend at the discounted rate of EUR 730.
- Mentor Program: If you have attended three previous IDUG DB2 Conferences, you are eligible to bring a first-time colleague to Prague for an 80% discount off the full registration fee.
How you can hone your expert DB2 skills at IDUG EMEA
- Members of IDUG get 45% off IBM Press books. New books include Data Integration Blueprint and Modeling: Techniques for a Scalable and Sustainable Architecture, The New Era of Enterprise Business Intelligence: Using Analytics to Achieve a Global Competitive Advantage, and The Art of Enterprise Information Architecture: A Systems-Based Approach for Unlocking Business Insight.
- On 13 November, receive FREE IBM certification training, DB2 migration workshops and sessions for CA customers.
- IBM Certified Database Administrator - DB2 10 DBA for z/OS certification Preparation Seminar - Susan Lawson
- DB2 UDB V9.7 for LUW Advanced Database Administration certification Preparation Seminar - Guy Przytula
- One-Day Educational Seminars - Friday, 18 November 2011
Registration for paid full conference delegates is EUR 450; the cost for just the one-day seminar is EUR 495. Select from the following session topics:
- DB2 10 for z/OS - In Depth, Phil Grainger, Cogito
- DB2 Intermediate and Advanced SQL, Daniel Luksetich, Yevich Lawson & Assoc Inc.
- I Didn't Know DB2 did THAT!, Bonnie Baker, Bonnie Baker Corporation
- Optimising DB2 for z/OS System Performance Using DB2 Statistics Trace, John Campbell, IBM Corporation
- Rocket Science: DB2 for LUW Performance Analysis and Tuning Workshop, Scott Hayes, DBI
- Some of the top rated speakers:
For the complete agenda and speaker list, see this site: http://www.idug.org/p/cm/ld/fid=102