IDUG DB2 Tech Conference in Berlin, Germany 2012
Estrel Hotel, Berlin, Germany
4 - 9 November 2012
I wasn’t able to set up a bookstore for this event, but I hope you will like and benefit from what I was able to arrange.
I have a single copy of each book that I want to promote being shipped to me at the conference. I’ll set these up in the EXPO area for you to take a look at what is available. Browse through the books as well, but leave them with me so others may take a look as well.
I’ll then provide you information as to how you can order a copy of the book for yourself. I’ve taken into account that buying from a US-based publisher can be expensive, especially for shipping, and all of my recommendations are for you to buy the book in either electronic format or from a European source. Several of the publishers have also agreed to sell the books at a discount so IDUG attendees can get the best price possible.
Here are the books I’ll be promoting:
Pearson / IBM Press
- DB2 Developer's Guide: A Solutions-Oriented Approach to Learning the Foundation and Capabilities of DB2 for z/OS
- DB2 SQL Tuning Tips for z/OS Developers
- Enterprise Master Data Management: An SOA Approach to Managing Core Information
- The Art of Enterprise Information Architecture: A Systems-Based Approach for Unlocking Business Insight
- The New Era of Enterprise Business Intelligence: Using Analytics to Achieve a Global Competitive Advantage
- Data Integration Blueprint and Modeling: Techniques for a Scalable and Sustainable Architecture
- Decision Management Systems: A Practical Guide to Using Business Rules and Predictive Analytics
- An Introduction to IMS: Your Complete Guide to IBM Information Management System
- XPages Extension Library: A Step-by-Step Guide to the Next Generation of XPages Components
- Mastering XPages: A Step-by-Step Guide to XPages Application Development and the XSP Language
- Making the World Work Better: The Ideas That Shaped a Century and a Company
- Work Item Management with IBM Rational ClearQuest and Jazz: A Customization Guide
- Get Bold: Using Social Media to Create a New Type of Social Business
- DITA Best Practices: A Roadmap for Writing, Editing, and Architecting in DITA
- IBM Style Guide, The: Conventions for Writers and Editors
- Disciplined Agile Delivery: A Practitioner's Guide to Agile Software Delivery in the Enterprise
- Is Your Company Ready for Cloud: Choosing the Best Cloud Adoption Strategy for Your Business
- IBM Cognos 10 Report Studio: Practical Examples
These books are featured on the www.pearson-books.com/ibmpressbookshop
website that offers 35% off and free shipping within the UK. Shipping fees to the rest of Europe are not free, but very small. Be sure to bookmark this page and share with others who buy technical books in Europe.
IBM Press books are available in epub and kindle formats as well.
- DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration (Exam 612)
- DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Database Administration (Exam 541)
- DB2 9 System Administration for z/OS (Exam 737)
- DB2 9 Fundamentals (Exam 730)
- Big Data Governance
- From Idea to Print
The books ship from the UK, and they will offer free shipping on all orders to Germany during November.
MC Press books are available in epub and kindle formats as well.
Use the discount code: DALLBK for a 20% discount, valid till 30th November, 2012.
Packt books are available in epub and kindle formats as well.
The best prices for these books can be found on http://www.amazon.co.uk/ where you can currently get 50% off of each title.
- The Data Warehouse Mentor
- Master Data Management and Data Governance, 2e
- IBM Cognos TM1
- IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10: The Official Guide
McGraw-Hill books are available in epub and kindle formats as well.
In addition to these books, we’ll also be handing out a limited number of free printed Flashbooks.
- Harness the Power of Big Data - The IBM Big Data Platform By Paul Zikopoulos, David Corrigan, Tom Deutsch, Krishnan Parasuraman, James Giles
- IBM DB2: The Past, Present and Future: 30 Years of Superior Innovation By Surekha Parekh, Terry Purcell, John Campbell, Don Haderle (aka “Father of DB2”)
- Warp Speed, Time Travel, Big Data, and more: DB2 10 for Linux, Unix and Window New Features By Paul Zikopoulos, Walid Rjaibi, George Baklarz, Matt Huras, Matthias Nicola, Dale McInnis, and Leon Katsnelson
- Big Data Analytics By Dr. Arvind Sathi
- 5 Steps to Business Analytics Program Success By Brian Green, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Kay Van De Vanter, The Boeing Company, Tracy Harris, IBM, Bill Frank, Johnson & Johnson, John Boyer, RCG Global