Yesterday I blogged about the benefits of getting certified.
Today I want to tell you about how to prepare to take and pass an exam.
How to Prepare to Pass a DB2 Certification Exam
1. 1. Read the exam objectives. The website ibm.com/certify lists the objectives for every IBM certification exam. Read these carefully as each question on the exam links directly back to one or more of these objectives! (That’s a huge hint!)
2. 2. Use the recommended study materials to refresh your skills. For each DB2 exam, you can find the recommended study material on this site: ibm.com/software/data/education/certprep.html.
3. 3. Take an assessment exam. These exams cost $10 per take. See ibm.com/software/data/education/cert/assessment.html for the latest information.
4. 4. Take the test. Where? IBM exams are offered worldwide at Prometric Testing Centers. To find a site near you call 1-800-959-EXAM or visit www.prometric.com.
5. 5. If you do NOT pass, use the score report to determine the areas you need to increase your knowledge and start these steps over again.
6. 6. If you PASS, make sure you let your manager know! Your results are confidential to YOU and no one will know you passed unless you tell them!
** DB2 Certification exams are experience-based, so the more practical experience you have using DB2, the easier it will be for you to prepare and pass the exams.