||Join us for this new IBM developerWorks
Live! virtual tech briefing and learn about IBM DB2 9.7 |
DB2 9.7: A technical overview by Raul
Date: Thursday, 12 November
Time: 12:00 p.m.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Note: Sign up and attend
the briefing 30 minutes before the start of the event. There is no pre-requisite
knowledge required to participate in this session.
This session discusses
about some of DB2's most important features such as:
participate, you will need:
- Autonomic computing: Let DB2 manage itself and allow you to save
time, effort and money
- Deep compression: Regarded by many as the best in the industry, DB2
compression technology compresses rows, large objects, indexes, temporary
tables, and more
- pureXML technology: Understand how DB2's native XML support handles
XML documents in an easy and efficient way
- SQL compatibility: Other vendor's SQL and PL/SQL language is now
largely compatible with DB2. Run other vendor's code with none or minimal
modification on DB2
- High availability solutions: Easily set up high availability and
disaster recovery with DB2's HADR feature
- Cloud computing: Learn how to leverage the elasticity of the cloud by
easily adding nodes and removing DB2 nodes at will and in minutes
This session may be
recorded and each attendee may have the capability of distributing this
recording. Each participant's use of recordings and participant information is
subject to U.S. and international privacy laws.
- Reliable high speed access to the internet (at least 200 kbps up and down);
LAN or broadband connection is strongly recommended; test your connection speed.
- Computer with soundboard
- Headset or computer speaker and microphone
- Windows 2000 or Windows XP
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or later, or Firefox 1.5 or later
- Screen resolution set to 1024 by 768 pixels
Playback link: Playback will be available within 24
hours of the live event.