The Central Canada DB2 Users Group (fondly known as CCDB2UG) Event takes place in June in Toronto every year. I’m once again planning to attend and hope if you are in the area you do as well.
Dates: Monday & Tuesday, June 27 & 28
Location: BMO Financial Group Institute for Learning
3550 Pharmacy Avenue
Toronto, Ontario Canada M1W 2Z3
Registrations must be received by Friday Jun 17th, 2011.
Sorry - NO WALK-INS.
- Entry to sessions for EITHER DB2 for z/OS OR DB2 for LUW
- Presentation materials
- Continental breakfast, coffee breaks, and lunch
- Vendor reception
I’ll be taking part in the Vendor Reception which takes Monday from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm. As always, there will be prizes. The prizes I will bring are books. Lots of them.
Agenda & Speakers
Keynote: Sal Vella “DB2 Trends & Directions "
- Bonnie Baker "DB2 Doctor – Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Cures for Poor Performance – Part 1 & 2"
- Joe Burns "SQL: How Should I Do That? – Part 1 & 2"
- John Campbell "DB2 10 for z/OS Planning and Early Experiences (90 min. Spotlight)"
- John Campbell "Optimizing DB2 for z/OS System Performance using DB2 Statistics Trace – Part 1 & 2"
- Jim Dee "DB2 10 Skip Migration"
- Phil Grainger "A DB2 Workload Tuning Methodology"
- Phil Grainger DB2 10 for z/OS - In Depth (Half Day)"
- Ulf Heinrich "Can I control a dynamic world? Dynamic SQL Management for DB2 zOS"
- Ulf Heinrich "Workload insights without a trace – Introducing DB2 SQL Tracking"
Bryan Paulsen “DB2 10 for z/OS – John Deere’s Beta Experience"
- Chris Eaton “Data Governance for DBAs – Securing Production Data Assets"
- Chris Eaton “Data Governance for DBAs – Privacy for Test Data Assets"
- Martin Hubel “Improving Access Paths through Proper Index Design"
- David Kalmuk “Advanced Performance Diagnostics for SQL in DB2 9.7"
- David Kalmuk “New ways to solve your locking problems with DB2 9.7"
- Serge Rielau “Versus - Many SQL roads lead to Rome… But which is best?"
- Kelly Schlamb “pureScale – Customer Experiences"
- Vijay Sitaram and Melanie Stopfer “Advancements in DB2 LUW 9.7 Monitoring – From Paper Weight CRT Monitors
to Light Weight LED Monitor"
- Melanie Stopfer “Improve Performance by Analyzing DB2 LUW Access Strategies – Part 1 & 2”
- Melanie Stopfer “DB2 LUW Advanced Utilities & Problem Determination Tips & Tricks – Part 1 & 2”
For the schedule and details on each talk, see the website.
Also at the conference is an opportunity for you to take a Certification Exam for free. The test day is Tuesday June 28. Make sure you come to the exam prepared to pass. Here are a few blog entries that you may want to read before taking the exam:
Benefits of Earning a Certification
New in Certifications
How to Prepare to Pass a DB2 Certification
Details about DB2 Certification Program
Once you are Certified... What Next?
Study Materials Electronically
Roger Sanders Books, Videos, and Crammer Course
Sign up for an exam when you register for the conference. (Note that exams are normally $200 each, so this is a great savings!)
I hope to see you at the conference.