ATTENTION: Customers using Connect:Direct for Windows v4.6.x!
This product will reach END OF SUPPORT on September 30 2017.
IBM Support will stop supporting this product after this date. See the following announcement.
Please plan your upgrades accordingly!
There are significant differences between CDW v4.6.x and CDW v4.7.x. The main differences are the introduction of a Keystore database for managing certificates, using IBM Key Manager to manage the Keystore, and configuring Secure+ to work with the Keystore.
In Secure+, the TLSv1.2 Security protocol and associated ciphersuites will be available to use with the new version.
Support for SHA2 private certificates will also be available.
Before upgrading, you will want to take a snapshot of your current CDW installation for safe keeping.
During the upgrade, there is an option to retain the original installation, make sure you choose to do this as a fallback.
You will also be prompted for a password for the Keystore database. This is a non-recoverable password, so don't lose or forget it. It will be needed every time you work with certificates in the Keystore.
The upgrade process to CDW v4.7.x goes smoothly. Any existing certificates and Secure+ configurations will be automatically imported into the new Keystore and new Secure+ configuration.
Any Secure+ connections using the STS Security Protocol will not be migrated to CDW v4.7.x as the STS Protocol has been decremented from the product.
The current version of CDW is as follows. The iFix number will change as new updates are released.
Please read the “Release Notes” for the current hardware and software requirements.
This Fixpack is available from IBM Support Fix Central and can be used to do an upgrade from CDW v4.6.x. The upgrade instructions are given in the "Fix List" document.
Following are documents you need to read to perform a successful upgrade.
1. This is the main documentation on the IBM Knowledge Center website for Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows v4.7.x.
Installation information is found in the “Release Notes” and "Getting Started" sections.
Please read these two sections before starting the installation.
2. This is the section in the main documentation for the Connect:Direct Secure+ option.
If you will be using the Secure+ feature for data encryption, it is very important that you thoroughly understand this topic.
3. This is the IBM Key Manager User's Guide for the Keystore tool used for managing certificates. VERY IMPORTANT
Connect:Direct v4.7 uses a Keystore database for managing the certificates used by Secure+. iKeyman is the tool used to manage the Keystore.
It is very important that you have a firm understanding of using this tool.
4. This is an IBM Technote showing how to test your Connect:Direct installation.
The instructions show you how to run a ‘loopback’ test – copying a file from the Connect:Direct server back to itself.
This test is also useful for testing certificates implemented in Secure+.
5. This is an IBM Technote explaining how to configure the Session parameters in the Initparms and Netmap records.
This information will help you configure your Connect:Direct server for best results in communicating with remote nodes.
6. This is an IBM Technote explaining how Proxies are used for remote trading partners who submit processes to your Connect:Direct server.
This information explains how the “proxies.attempt” parameter in the Initparms is used with defined Proxies.
7. This is an IBM Technote explaining the differences in the Ciphersuites used in Secure+
8. If you want to use automated file processing, this is the guide to the Connect:Direct File Agent application.
You can download the Connect:Direct File Agent software from IBM Support Fix Central.
9. These are links to short educational videos about installing and using Connect:Direct for Windows and Connect:Direct File Agent.