How to re-install the JCE Policy in the IBM Sterling B2B Integrator
EileemMejia 2700078CQG Visits (6458)
It may happen that when doing a new installation or a patch update the JCE Policy is not correctly installed and you might have problems like for example checking in system certificates into IBM Sterling B2B Integrator (ISBI). A root cause of this issue can be that the IBM JCE Policy was not correctly installed. In this blog we will go step by step on how to re-install the IBM JCE Policy in ISBI.
In order to replace or reinstall the JCE policy zip file, please execute the following steps:
1) Download the IBM JCE Policy zip file from the IBM Website and copy it into the ISBI Server.
2) Stop the IBM Sterling B2B Integrator and verify that ISBI is not running before proceeding.
3) Perform a copy/backup of the following directory:
4a) Make a backup copy of the sandbox.cfg file, navigating to the following directory:
4b) Create a BACKUP Copy of your existing sandbox.cfg file.
4c) Edit sandbox.cfg and update the JCE_DIST_FILE parameter values to the correct location of the JCE policy zip file. Save the sandbox.cfg file.
5) Unzip the IBM JCE Policy file and extract all the contents from the zip file to your
6a) Using the command line on the ISBI server, navigate to the following directory:
6b) From /bin, run the following IBM Sterling B2B Integrator script:
7) Once the SI script completes, start ISBI.
After this the IBM JCE Policy should be successfully re-installed.