How to manually delete a Sterling Filegateway partner?
PaulodeOliveira 270004PU2N Comments (3) Visits (7659)
Sometimes when something goes wrong with a partner configuration in Sterling File Gateway (SFG), the partner configuration may become corrupted and you would get an error like the one below:
Or if you try to edit the partner afterwards, you might get:
Or when you enter the edit page the user account details is empty and cannot be changed.
This blog aims to explain how to manually remove the corrupted configuration from the system so that you can correctly recreate it again.
Note: This blog assumes that the SFG partner we are having problems with is called TestPartner.
Note2: You should always first attempt to delete the SFG partner using the SFG admin UI and only use the instructions below in case that fails.
Let's make a backup of the trading partner resources involved first, so that we have a backup if required.
Since later on, we will need to remove the user account manually using SQL queries, it is advised to
SFG Partner manual deletion:
Note: You should always try to delete the SFG partner from the SFG admin UI first,
Now, let's delete the configuration for this partner.
From Dashboard UI: Trading Partner > Setup > Advanced, perform the following actions:
1. Search and delete related Identities (This step should also delete the below, up to step 7, but please go through each to see if anything is left)
7. From Dashboard UI: Trading Partner > Contracts
8. From Dashboard > Deployment > Mailboxes > Configuration, perform the following actions:
Search and delete related Mailbox Configurations related to TestPartner.
9. From Dashboard > Deployment > Mailboxes > Virtual Roots, perform the following actions:
Search and delete related the Virtual Root linked to user TestPartner, this might have been deleted already during
10. From Dashboard > Accounts > User Accounts
11. Go to the dashboard: Operations > System > Support Tools > SQL Manager
Note: The above query deletes the user account from the database directly, so please check with your DBA to make sure the SQL query you are using is correct or alternatively contact IBM Support for confirmation.
12. Search for the partner profile in the SFG UI and confirm that it has now been removed.