While I watch the tumbleweeds gently rolling past me I thought I would share what I took away from a workshop given by Jo Parfiltt, at WIN Conference 2011, 08-10-2011, on blogging and how to get the best you can out of it.
1. Know why you are blogging - what is the aim of your blogging activity? What do you want to achieve from it? Do you want to:
2. Focus - keep the scope of what you write about relatively small, you may have many interests, but if you blog about all of them people will not associate you with any one topic and therefore will not find you relevant to them (and therefore will not follow).
3. Keep it short - no more than 400 words.
4. Refer - make links to other sites/blogs/references etc.
5. Make it regular - once a week, once a month, etc. Apparently 3 times a week is the minimum you need to make a blog sustainable (i.e that people will follow)!
I suspect we have some things to think about here!