As your DB2 Tech Talk host, I want invite you to join the next DB2 Tech Talk to learn the technical details behind the recent announcement of DB2 10.5 for Linux, UNIX and Windows with BLU Acceleration software
Distinguished Engineer and DB2 expert Berni Schiefer will lead us on a technical tour of the all new DB2 10.5 with BLU Acceleration software.
You will learn about new features of this release such as:
• BLU Acceleration, for “Speed of Thought” analytics
Designed to handle data-intensive analytics workloads, BLU Acceleration extends the capabilities of traditional in-memory systems by providing in-memory performance even when the data set size exceeds the size of the memory. Learn about RAM data loading capabilities, plus “data skipping” to analyze only necessary data; parallel data analysis; actionable compression which eliminates the need to decompress data for analysis; and more.
• New DB2 pureScale capabilities that enable online rolling maintenance updates and capacity growth with no planned downtime, plus new integration with HADR capabilities to help ensure always available transactions.
• SQL and Oracle Database compatibility refinements in DB2 10.5, helping to ensure fast, easy moves to DB2 as well as increased flexibility for DB2 applications
• Enhancements to NoSQL technologies that are now business-ready in DB2 10.5. Although not part of the DB2 10.5 announcement, we will fill you in on other No SQL technology introduction plans as well.
• New packaging editions of DB2 that handle either OLTP or data warehousing needs
• DB2 tools advances that support these new functions
Join us for this Tech Talk to find out about these exciting enhancements and how they can help you deliver the data analytics your organization needs while providing tools to keep your OLTP systems in top shape.
You don't want to miss this informative discussion on the all new DB2 with BLU Acceleration and more.
Date: May 8, 2013
Time: 12:30 PM EDT
Register at: http://bit.ly/tt2013may8
Posted by: Rick Swagerman