My top 5 highlights from IMPACT!!!
1) 104 customer speakers showcasing their SOA success was a highlight of the inaugural IBM SOA and WebSphere event which attracted 4.264 attendees. Having this many customers tell their Stories was amazing! It generated widespread interest and enthusiasm for SOA!
2) The client value of the New SOA announcements at IMPACT 2007! Dozens of new offerings were built upon the three major SOA launches executed over the past 18 months and centered on the Business, Technical and Personal Impact of SOA. Noteworthy new offerings include: Eight SOA Industry Roadmaps representing six industries (banking, healthcare, telecom, retail, insurance and industrial); six new integrated SOA professional services; BPM enabled by SOA; new support for System z and p; Innov8, a BPM Simulator; and expanded SOA education.
3) 250+ Press articles (35 business press), 100 postiive blog entries and 8 analyst reports showcase the energy momentum of the event and SOA announcements. We announced 4,500 IBM customers have used IBM SOA offerings. This amount of energy was amazing. My favorite quotes were:"SOA is the bridge between IT and business that IBM has been pioneering. And, as far as I can tell it must be hot, hot, hot! The event had the flavor of a kind of corporate Woodstock because…one got the feeling that something about this gathering was going to have a big effect on the wider culture."-- Crossing Digital Divides - Virtual Realities in World 2.
with TechTarget reporting, “SOA is now infused throughout IBM's software platform. Its WebSphere, Tivoli and Rational lines literally ooze SOA from every pore. Behind the software, IBM has an army of Global Services consultants.”
4) The interest in the Skills area. With 56% of companies seeing skills as a big inhibitor, it was incredible that over 500 clients took the SOA certification test and the interst in new forms of education like the Innov8 simulator for BPM!See the latest story on this one!!A screen shot of the game is posted on BusinessWeek's Technology section: BusinessWeek
5) Showcased the strength of the IBM SOA ecosystem. A total of 542 Business Partners attended IMPACT, including 250 attendees at Business Partner day.
This event demonstrated cross-IBM alignment and industry leadership for extreme Client Value! Business Leaders, IT Executive, Technical and Virtual IT-Business tracks highlighted the breadth of IBM offerings in SOA and WebSphere. The Business leader track included 300 business leader attendees, and there were 2100 attendees at 20 industry sessions.
Let me know how you found the conference!!