5 Things You Should Know about IBM Data Engine for Genomics - Power Systems Edition
- The architecture is designed to address the grand challenge of analyzing increasingly large genome-related datasets.
- The high-throughput architecture and reference design enables fast turnaround for a wide variety of workflows including genomic medicine, agrigenomics, biofuels, forensics and drug development.
- This solution is based on multi-year collaborations with leaders in the Life Sciences industry.
- This dynamic platform integrates high performance compute, storage, workflow orchestration and portal access, and can also be easily adapted to support large scale and cloud based deployments.
- The most recent solution version further exploits the capabilities of IBM POWER8 and introduces the IBM Elastic Storage Server (ESS), defining a complete solution containing all of the hardware and software elements required to accomplish genomics processing for data analysis.
For more information about IBM Data Engine for Genomics – Power Systems Edition Architecture and Reference Design Version 3.0, refer to the following website:
For more information about IBM Health Care and Life Sciences solutions, refer to the following website: