5 things you should know about IBM Spectrum Scale (formerly GPFS)
- Spectrum Scale now part of IBM Spectrum Storage family, part of IBM's $1 Billion investment in software defined storage.
- Single global namespace across all data tiers, including flash and cloud (service on Softlayer).
- Object storage with integration with Swift (will be better with 4.1.1 release, not sure you can say that in a blog).
- Scalability to handle the massive, ever-growing amounts of data in the new CAMS world.
- Open and flexible, available as software (on almost any hardware), as a bundled IBM solution, or as a service running on Softlayer.
For more information, refer to the IBM Spectrum Scale website at: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/storage/spectrum/scale/.