Dino Quintero's Redbooks Blog
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 90 Visitas
The IBM ITSO is very closed to release the latest PowerHA publication: IBM PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1.3 for AIX Best Practices and Reference Architectures, SG24-8167. Keep an eye to the announcement of the draft publication which will provide topics on the latest PowerHA 7.1.3 features, migration scenarios, monitoring, etc.
I am also announcing the opening of the next PowerHA residency to continue developing content on best practices and in particular migration scenarios. Our intend for this project is to continue to develop technical content to help you manage your PowerHA environments and with your feedback provide you with the best technical guidelines to keep your environment highly available. The new residency announcement can be found at:
Feedback for the residency team in regards to the current IBM PowerHA publications available at the ibm.com/redbooks website or feedback regarding upcoming topics for the residency team are welcome.
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 Identificações:  on power bigdata gpfs platform computing linux 105 Visitas
Recently the ITSO announced this residency to develop how to content to building and managing Linux clusters for Cloud computing, analytics, mobile, etc. The residency information can be found at:
The goal of this residency is to show that IBM's PowerLinux cluster solutions (hardware and software) deliver significant value to clients in need of cost-effective, highly scalable, and robust solutions for BigData, analytics, Clouds, etc.
This residency project compliments the recently announced IBM Platform Computing Solutions Reference Architectures and Best Practices, SG24-8169 publication which provides how to details on how to deploy solutions for technical computing highlighting IBM Platform Computing, IBM iDataPlex, and IBM GPFS. The draft can be found at:
Thus far, you have read a few of the IBM Redbooks discussing topics with IBM Platform Computing for managing cluster solutions showing integrated solutions such as IBM System x, IBM Storage, IBM GPFS and of course IBM Platform Computing offerings. Please let me know if there are any topics you would like team to deliver content in the upcoming residency project. Your feedback is valuable.
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 618 Visitas
The IBM HPC Cluster Health Check Redbooks publication has been released to introduce the IBM Cluster Health Check tools. This IBM Redbooks publication documents how to monitor the overall health check of the Cluster infrastructure to deliver the Technical Computing clients cost-effective, highly scalable, and robust solutions. The publication covers many topics and information discovered during the residency. The IBM residency team would like to announce that the draft publication can be found at the following website:
Comments on the publication are welcome.
For more information on the IBM Cluster Health Check tools, manuals, and how you can access the tools, visit IBM HPC Central at:
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 Identificações:  systems gpfs bluegene hpc power system ibm x technical computing 478 Visitas
5 Things You Should Know About IBM HPC Central
1. Delivers information on how to start to learn about IBM High Performance Computing (HPC)
2. Contains technical documentation on IBM High Performance Computing (HPC) hardware and software solutions
3. Provides information on best practices in particular on Cluster administration best practices
4. Direct channel to provide feedback, and receive feedback on technical computing topics
5. Focuses on IBM High Performance Computing (HPC) announcements, how-to details, and special information for anyone involved with IBM Technical Computing
The High Performance Computing (HPC) Central is a joint IBM/Customer accessible and editable forum to provide improved HPC technical communications. To access this site, refer to the following website:
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 Identificações:  aix powerha for systemmirror ibm 1 Comentário 851 Visitas
I have a few question to help me influence and steer the residency team for the upcoming IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX residency.
1. What are the challenging your customer face?
2. What are the gaps in technical content which can be developed during the residency?
3. Where can we make a big bang during this residency?
From a business perspective, field perspective? Your perspective! What is missing? gap?
Please let me know your comments so I can relay the message to the residency team.
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 Identificações:  ibm mirror powerha system for aix 2 Comentários 938 Visitas
Announcing the IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX 7.1.3
The IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX Standard Edition is the IBM Power Systems data center solution that helps protect critical business applications from outages, planned or unplanned. PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX Enterprise Edition includes the Standard Edition plus advanced capabilities such as failover to back up resources at remote locations.
PowerHA SystemMirror for AIX 7.1.3 enhances and adds new capabilities, including the following key features:
1. HyperSwap for active-active two-site configurations
2. HyperSwap for single-node clusters
3. Support for clustering with unicast communications
4. Capability to dynamically modify the host name of a clustered node
5. Operator-managed manual failover policy for multisite linked clusters
6. Graphical Cluster Simulator
7. Enhanced and flexible high availability management support for SAP
For additional information, refer to the IBM PowerHA System Mirror for AIX website at: http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/availability/aix/
IBM Platform HPC simplifies the application integration process so that users can focus on their work instead of managing a cluster. IBM Platform HPC for System x delivers the following key benefits:
1. Faster time to cluster readiness
2. Reduced infrastructure and management costs
3. Optimal resource usage
4. Improved user and administrator productivity
5. High availability of the cluster to minimize downtime and reduce operational and productivity loss
6. Improved cluster provisioning through embedded xCAT technology
7. Shorter time to results
For additional information, refer to http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/technicalcomputing/platformcomputing/products/hpc/index.html
5 Things You Should Know about IBM Platform HPC:
1. IBM Platform HPC is an easy to use, comprehensive cluster management software for technical computing clusters
2. IBM Platform HPC runs on a variety of hardware and operating environments
3. IBM Platform HPC helps improve application performance by intelligently scheduling resources based on workload characteristics
4. IBM Platform HPC for System x V4.1.1 is compatible with most cluster technologies. Compatibility is limited by the operating systems supported.
5. IBM GPFS can also be deployed with IBM Platform HPC to deliver improved file system performance for technical computing applications running on distributed parallel file systems
For more detailed information on IBM Platform Computing solutions including IBM Platform HPC, refer to:
The IBM RedPaper - Deploying PowerHA Solution with AIX HyperSwap, REDP-4954-00 (http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/redp4954.html?Open) provides additional information on how to help you plan, install, tailor and configure the new PowerHA with Hyperswap clustering solution. IBM PowerHA with HyperSwap adds transparent storage protection for replicated storage, improving overal system availability by masking storage failures. Please share any experiences you might have had with IBM PowerHA and the AIX HyperSwap solution.
The IBM Redbooks publication: IBM PowerHA SystemMirror Standard Edition 7.1.1 for AIX Update, SG24-8030-00 (http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg248030.html?Open) was recently updated (a few sections where the change bar is turned on) to clarify the technical information of hostnames in PowerHA and hostnames in the content of IBM AIX CAA (cluster aware AIX).
The residency team is pleased to announce the release of their IBM Redbooks publication - IBM Technical Computing Clouds - A draft IBM Redbooks publication located in the ITSO Redbooks website: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/Redbooks.nsf/RedpieceAbstracts/sg248144.html?Open . The team would like to hear from your with your comments on this publication. Enjoy the publication.
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 Identificações:  high technical performance computing ibm platform 519 Visitas
In response to: Residency Announcement: PW-3001-R01 Technical Computing CloudsThe residency team is pleased to announce the release of their IBM Redbooks publication - IBM Technical Computing Clouds - A draft IBM Redbooks publication located in the ITSO Redbooks website:
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 Identificações:  powerha edition aix power systemmirror ibm systems enterprise 531 Visitas
DinoQuintero 2700050KT5 Identificações:  ibm aix assist for caa sap high migration powerha cluster systemmirror power systems smart availability aware 614 Visitas
In response to: Residency Announcement: PW-3002-R01 IBM Cluster Health CheckThis residency will work on documentation which will help provide best practices while working with large clusters (even small cluster users will benefit), and also areas which might have common challenges which we can provide hints and tips on how to deal with the issues. One of the references web site which contains many details and which we will be using during the project is the HPC Central website at: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/Welcome%20to%20High%20Performance%20Computing%20%28HPC%29%20Central.