IBM WebSphere Portal Support team ("Portal support" henceforth) is pleased to announce that WebSphere Portal version 8 Installation Social Workshop will be held from 7/9 to 7/26. This is a great opportunity for IBM support to engage customers, business partners, and IBM service and technical sales personnels ("customers" henceforth) on our current social media presence, i.e. Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/WebSpherePortalSupport
) and Twitter (@PortalSupport
, or http://twitter.com/PortalSupport
WebSphere Portal version 8 is the latest release of the product. The installation takes a brand new form, using IBM Installation Manager (IIM, or IM). Thus potentially customers could meet many new challenges never encountered before. In this social workshop, Portal support will share with customers the best practices and troubleshooting knowledge of potential problems.
During the 3 week period, we encourage customers to download the product from IBM Passport Advantage site and start testing the installation process. During the period of the workshop, we will try to answer customer's questions on the social media. This is our first time to experiment the social channel. By no means, we are replacing our normal support procedures. As a matter of fact, support may suggest customers to open PMRs when the problems become so complex that is beyond the capacity of social media.
The detail of the workshop are the following,
- On 7/9 (Monday), we start a thread with URL links to some best practice presentations and blogs. Customers can start reading, researching and testing the installation process;
- On 7/12 (Thursday), we will have a Twitter chat session at 1 PM ET, with hashtag "#wpv8chat". If you are not familiar with Twitter, get an account now and start tweeting;
We will publish a summary of the first Twitter chat session.
- On 7/19 (Thursday), we will schedule another Twitter chat session at 1 PM ET. Hopefully, after the first week, most of concerns and questions are addressed and answered, and customers have gained some basic experience. This session would deal with maybe some in-depth issues.
- Tentatively, we will schedule another Twitter chat on 7/26 at 1 PM ET. If this is unnecessary, we can cancel it with an announcement on the Facebook page.
- Between these scheduled sessions, we still encourage customers to send us questions, suggestions, and requests on our Facebook page and Twitter handle.
Please come join us, participate in the dialog, and increase your social engagement.