As described in technote 1989980, in the coming months, IBM will be enhancing the IBM Verse for iOS, IBM Verse for Android, IBM Notes Traveler Companion and IBM Notes Traveler To Do mobile apps to require that a secure connection be used between the mobile app and the endpoint used for connecting to the IBM Traveler server.
Join us this Tuesday, Dec 13th at 11 AM EST for a Q&A session where you'll have opportunity to have any questions and concerns about this topic addressed by Traveler Development and Support. You can find dial-in and Web conference access details at the following link
Ask the Experts Q&A: Securing connections for IBM Traveler mobile applications - 13 December 2016
Some of the questions that will be addressed include:
- Is January 1, 2017 a hard deadline? What if my company can't make the deadline?
- Do we need to make our Traveler server secured as well if we are using a proxy server in front of our Traveler server? or MDM?
- What is the minimum cipher that we can enable to make a successful connection? Is TLS1.2 protocol the only one allowed?
- What about devices that do not yet support TLS1.2 (e.g BlackBerry devices)?
- How can we test out any upcoming mobile app changes prior to them going live for all users?
- Will the iOS built-in mail app (aka Traveler profile or Exchange Account) be affected by this change?