If you are looking to integrate with ICS Software, here some easy steps to get started:
- First, you must be a member of IBM Partnerworld since many of the resources are offered under this program. To join, follow the "Join Partnerworld" link on http://www.ibm.com/partnerworld It is free to join.
- Following is a link to detailed education roadmaps by product area. It includes links to articles, videos, documentation, in-depth workshops, etc. https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/swg_com_sfw_websphere_ilwper
- No charge, hands-on Social business appdev workshops (self-paced, live): http://bit.ly/socbiz_appdev_workshop
Webinar series & other events:
- IBM runs a regular series of webinars featuring different topics of developer interest. Details (including calendar link) are posted on this events blog: https://www.ibmdw.net/social/events/
- See recorded demo of Connections v4.5 and other products: http://www.ibm.com/social-business/us/en/trials-and-demos.html
- Documentation & APIs:
For software access
CLOUD- BASED access
- For IBM Connections 4.5, Sametime 9 and Lotus Domino 9: The quickest option is to use the latest cloud-based image on IBM Softlayer called "IBM Collaboration Quickstart for Social Business v3.5". This is an integrated image that comes pre-populated with users for rapid time to value. See instructions here: https://www.ibmdw.net/social/2014/02/04/ibm-collaboration-quickstart-image-now-softlayer/ While there is no license charge, there is an ongoing hosting charge. If you run into any issues, you may ask your questions on Stackoverflow. Use the tag 'ibmsbt' so that other developers can easily find your questions in the community and help answer them.
- For IBM SmartCloud for Social Business (renamed from LotusLive): Business partners with IBM Partnerworld access are entitled to a one-year trial account for development and demonstration purposes. Request here: http://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/isv_ben_prb_smartcloud_social. There is also a toolkit that can get you started quickly. Follow instructions described here: http://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/social/us/en/toolkit/
- For WebSphere Portal Server and Web Content Manager: Here is a link to cloud-based images available on IBM SmartCloud Enterprise and on Amazon EC2: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ls/wps-wcmse/cloud.html
- For getting a head start with developing OpenSocial gadgets and embedded experiences for Connections, Notes 9, and other OpenSocial containers, you can start with the public sandbox: http://sandbox.opensocial2.org:8080/collabapp/index.html See the Getting Started section for useful videos and tutorials.
- Linux-based VM images for most ICS products (including Connections 4) are available to download for demo purposes from the following IBM Greenhouse partner community: https://greenhouse.lotus.com/communities/service/html/communityview?communityUuid=5a696bd8-aa5d-4fa6-9009-26f9825cf247 . You will need a Greenhouse ID. You can request it here: https://greenhouse.lotus.com/gh_next/lotusgreenhouserequests.nsf/MainDocumentSelf?openForm Once you have access to the community see instructions here: https://greenhouse.lotus.com/wikis/home?lang=en-us#!/wiki/W194d873b8aa7_4756_923f_3f713de83d02/page/ICS%20Demo%20Images%20Info If you have any issues please post to the Forum on the community.
Another option is to download the software for development purposes from the IBM Software Access Catalog. This costs either $795/- annually across all IBM products for the Software Access Option, or $2000/- annually for the Value Package that also includes technical support, education reimbursement and more. More details and a link to sign up are here: https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/pw_com_vpo_index
- NOTE: If you are a private company <5 years old, you may qualify for free access under the IBM Global Entrepreneur program: You can sign up here: https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/isv_com_smp_startup_welcome
- If you are working with IBM Domino, you can download a 90-day free trail of IBM Domino v9 Social Edition & IBM iNotes v9 server here: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ls/lsds/index.html For developer tools, you will need Domino Designer v9 on Windows. You can use the free download from developerworks http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ls/dominodesigner/index.html. You may also need to install the XPages Extension Library from OpenNTF. It can be found here: http://extlib.openntf.org/. You would need to install this into both the Domino server and the Domino Designer client.
- Another option is to download the software for development purposes from the IBM Software Access Catalog. This costs either $795/- annually across all IBM products for the Software Access Option, or $2000/- annually for the Value Package that also includes technical support, education reimbursement and more. More details and a link to sign up are here: https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/pw_com_vpo_index
- CLOUD- BASED access
For marketing/promotion & entitlement to technical support during development
- Nominate your solution for the Ready for Social Business program by clicking on the "Ready for Social Business validation process" link on: https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/isv_com_dvm_techval_social_business program. This is a no-charge program that helps drive visibility for your solution by publishing to an externally searchable catalog, and allows you to get a "Ready for Social Business" validation mark to display on your site. It also entitles you to 90 days of free technical support, starting with when you start the submission process. For best utilization of technical support, it is best to start the submission process when you get started with development.
- If you have a YouTube video, you can also be published into the IBM Social Business Partner Solutions channel: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEjl4yzB6ckEVFmSf4QDJUwcz5U1-tJRu Just reach out to your business development contact to facilitate.
For answers to technical questions and to access consulting/help if needed
- Check out the social business appdev community: bit.ly/ibmsbtcommunity. You can ask your questions on Stackoverflow. Please use the tag 'ibmsbt' so that other developers can easily find your questions and help answer them.
- You can also access consultants and resources at any of the IBM Innovation Centers worldwide. Click under "Technical resources" on: https://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/isv_com_tsp_iic_overview
- For information on accessing Mobile versions of above products, go here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/LotusBPTE/entry/mobile_development?lang=en
Have a great time developing, If there are any further questions, please reach Gopal Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICS business development team
ICS business development team
*Updated Feb 2014