Now that the US Recession has been declared over, companies are looking to invest in IT again. To help you plan your upcoming investments, here are some upcoming events in April.
- SNW Spring 2010, April 12-15
IBM is a Platinum Plus sponsor at this [Storage Networking World event], to be held April 12-15 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Florida. If you are planning to go, here's what you can go look for:
- IBM booth at the Solution Center featuring the DS8700 and XIV disk systems, SONAS and the Smart Business Storage Cloud (SBSC), and various Tivoli storage software
- IBM kiosk at the Platinum Galleria focusing on storage solutions for SAP and Microsoft environments
- IBM Senior Engineer Mark Fleming presenting "Understanding High Availability in the SAN"
- IBM sponsored "Expo Lunch" on Tuesday, April 13, featuring Neville Yates, CTO of IBM ProtecTIER, presenting "Data Deduplication -- It's not Magic - It's Math!"
- IBM CTO Vincent Hsu presenting "Intelligent Storage: High Performance and Hot Spot Elimination"
- IBM Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM) Gordon Arnold presenting "Cloud Storage Security"
- One-on-One meetings with IBM executives
I have personally worked with Mark, Neville, Vincent and Gordon, so I am sure they will do a great job in their presentations. Sadly, I won't be there myself, but fellow blogger [Rich Swain from IBM] will be at the event to blog about all the actviities there.
- Systems for a Smarter Planet webinar, April 15
Can't travel to Orlando? On April 15, IBM will offer a [Systems for a Smarter Planet webinar] to highlight IBM's vision, strategy and latest offerings. Speakers include:
- Jim Stallings - General Manager, Global Markets, IBM Systems and Technology Group
- Scott Handy - Vice President, WW Marketing, Power Systems, IBM Systems and Technology Group
- Dan Galvan - Vice President, Marketing & Strategy, Storage and Networking Systems, IBM Systems and Technology Group
- Inna Kuznetsova - Vice President, Marketing and Sales Enablement, Systems Software, IBM Systems and Technology Group
- Jeanine Cotter - Vice President, Systems Services, IBM Global Technology Services
The webinar will include client testimonials from various companies as well.
- Dynamic Infrastructure Executive Summit, April 27-29
I will be there, at this this 2-and-a-half-day [Executive Summit] in Scottsdale, Arizona, to talk to company executives. Discover how IBM can help you manage your ever-increasing amount of information with an end-to-end, innovative approach to building a dynamic infrastructure. You will learn all of our innovative solutions and find out how you can effectively transform your enterprise for a smarter planet.
It's looking to be a busy month!