Next week, October 2-6, I am in San Francisco to support the IBM exhibition boot at [Oracle OpenWorld 2011] conference. IBM is a Grand Level Sponsor for this event. IBM and Oracle have been partners since 1986, and IBM is a [Diamond Level Partner in the Oracle OpenNetwork], the highest level available. I will be joined by dozens of other subject matter experts from various parts of IBM. Here is my schedule:
|Sunday||5:30pm - 7:00pm||Keynote session, Moscone North, Hall D|
|7:15pm - 10:30pm||IBM Team Dinner|
|Monday||8:00am - 9:15am||Keynote session, Moscone North, Hall D|
|9:45am - 4:30pm||IBM Booth #1111, Moscone South|
|5:00pm - 7:00pm||JD Edwards Customer Appreciation Event|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 9:15am||Keynote session, Moscone North, Hall D|
|9:45am - 6:00pm||IBM Booth #1111, Moscone South|
|7:00pm - 9:30pm||Titan Award Gala, SF City Hall|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 9:15am||Keynote session, Moscone North, Hall D|
|9:45am - 4:00pm||IBM Booth #1111, Moscone South|
I won't have my laptop at the IBM booth, so if you need to reach me, send me an SMS text message to my cell phone, or send me a tweet on my Twitter account: [@az990tony]
IBM will also have experts in the following areas throughout the week:
- Intel: Booth #711 at Moscone South
- Java One: Booth #5608 at the Hilton San Francisco, Continental Ballroom
- JD Edwards Pavilion: Booth HSJ-002 at the Westin St. Francis Hotel
- Netezza, a newly acquired IBM company: Booth #3723 at Moscone West
I arrive Sunday afternoon. If you arrive Sunday, here are some things IBM is featuring:
- Network with Other Quest IBM Customers on PeopleSoft
10/02/11, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., OpenWorld session #29020
Presenter: Steve Johnston, IBM
Discuss topics of interest with your peers in this special interest group meeting for IBM customers using Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise applications.
- Network with Other Quest IBM Customers on JD Edwards
10/02/11, 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m., OpenWorld session #29001
Presenter: Steve Johnston, IBM
Discuss topics of interest with your peers in this special interest group meeting for IBM customers using Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne or JD Edwards World applications.
- IOUG: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition/Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (27380)
10/02/11, 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m., OpenWorld session #27380
Presenters: Shyam Nath, IBM; Florian Schouten, Oracle
This session looks at Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Oracle Business Intelligence Applications solutions. Hear what's new in OBIEE Release 126.96.36.199 and how that affects Oracle BI Applications implementations. Learn how mobile BI support in OBIEE adds new meaning to pervasive BI.
- IOUG: Oracle Exadata Customer Panel
10/02/11, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., OpenWorld session #27261
Presenters: Shyam Nath, IBM; Vinod Haval, Bank of America
This moderated panel discussion includes Oracle Exadata customers, Oracle product managers, and implementers who will share their real work implementation experiences and how they overcame the challenges in the process.
- Managing Your Oracle Applications in Today's Economy: Ask the Experts
10/02/11, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., OpenWorld session #29280
Presenter: Frances Wells, IBM
Attend a panel discussion of your peers as they discuss how effective data management strategies have helped them reduce costs, streamline test and development projects, and improve Oracle application performance while increasing IT efficiencies.
Download IBM’s mobile app for Oracle OpenWorld and receive a Starbucks gift card! (While supplies last!)
Visit [myIBMmobile.com] and get the IBM mobile app—your guide to navigating IBM events at Oracle OpenWorld 2011. Optimized for mobile devices—tablet friendly.
- Uncover the best award-winning restaurants in San Fransisco with the free Zagat guide to local restaurants
- Easily navigate the show floor and the city with special tools
- Stay on schedule with a helpful list of all IBM sessions
- Learn more about the IBM/Oracle relationship
- Find Starbucks locations close to Moscone Center
Of course, IBM is going all out on the social media side as well:
- Follow us on Twitter: [@IBMandOracle]
- Join our LinkedIn group: [IBM and Oracle]
- Watch the YouTube Channel: [IBM and Oracle]