For those who want to meet me in person, there are two opportunities coming up in December.
- Data Center Conference, December 1-4
Once again, I will be blogging from Ceasar's Palace Las Vegas at this year's [Data Center Conference 2009]! Last year's conference was a blast, and this one looks to be quite exciting. IBM is again a premier sponsor. Scheduled to speak are the following IBM executives:
- Helene Armitage, the new General Manager of System Software, on "IT-Wide Virtualization, A Prerequisite for a Truly Dynamic Infrastructure"
- Steve Sams, the VP of Sites and Facilities, on "Data Center Actions Your CFO Will Love"
- Barry Rudolph, the VP of System Storage, on "Meeting the Information Infrastructure Challenge"
We will also have an IBM booth at the Solutions Showcase, showing off the latest in Cloud Computing, Service Management, Information Infrastructure, and Workload-optimized systems. You will be able to schedule one-on-one sessions with IBM executives and subject matter experts. Best of all, we will have on display a Portable Modular Data Center [PMDC] that can hold a fully operational data center in a standard [20 foot shipping container].
- IBM Virtualization and Consolidation Briefing, December 15
This is being done "open house" style. If you can get yourself to the IBM Tucson Executive Briefing Center, IBM will provide you breakfast, a series of presentations, lunch, and then even more presentations. Your stomach and brain will be full by the end of the day. Here is a list of the presentations:
- Dynamic Infrastructure Strategy
- SAN Volume Controller
- ProtecTIER Data Deduplication Solution
- DS8000 series Enterprise Disk
- XIV Enterprise Disk
- Enterprise Tape Library Automation
- Information Archive solution
Seating is limited, so to reserve your seat, contact Lee Olguin or the ISSO at the phone numbers listed for the [IBM Tucson Executive Briefing Center].
I will be at both events in December, so feel free to contact me if you want to arrange a visit.