Well, it's Tuesday again, and you know what that means? IBM Announcements!
Everyone is getting ready for next week's "Think 2018" event, so these might get missed under all the excitement.
- IBM Spectrum Archive Enterprise Edition V1.2.6
IBM [Spectrum Archive] Enterprise Edition supports Linear Tape File System (LTFS) cartridges as part of a larger IBM Spectrum Scale deployment. Version 1.2.6 provides features to help transition from old technology to new technology, at the library, drive and cartridge level. It also adds support for "Little Endian" mode for IBM Power servers.
- Tape library replacement procedure
- Tape intermixing in pool for technology upgrade
- Support for LTO 8 Media on LTO 8 drives
- Support for Power Systems in Little Endian (LE) mode
To learn more, see [IBM Spectrum Archive] press release.
- IBM Copy Services Manager version 6.2.2
IBM Copy Services Manager [CSM] was formerly knows as Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Replication. It manages the copy services like FlashCopy and remote mirroring for DS8000, Spectrum Virtualize family, and Spectrum Accelerate family products. Version 6.2.2 adds some nice features:
- Support for scheduled tasks against Copy Services Manager sessions
- Support to create DS8000 system diagnostics from the Copy Services Manager GUI and CLI for issue resolution
- New SNMP event and email notifications for any detected path failures
- Ability to enable embedded Easy Tier heat map transfer to support full Copy Services Manager session configuration, including practice volumes
To learn more, see [IBM Copy Services Manager] press release.
- IBM Elastic Storage Server
IBM Spectrum Scale V5 is being offered to currently entitled IBM Elastic Storage Server [ESS] systems. This is the version of Spectrum Scale deployed for the big [CORAL] project
To learn more, see [IBM Elastic Storage Server] press release.
Next week, I will not be in Las Vegas for Think 2018. If you won't be there either, you might consider watching some of the livestream videos at [www.ibm.com/events/think/watch] starting March 19, 2018.
technorati tags: IBM, Spectrum Archive, Spectrum Archive Enterprise Edition, Linear Tape File System, LTFS, Spectrum Scale, LTO8, Little Endian, Copy Services Manager, CSM, Spectrum Virtualize, Spectrum Accelerate, DS8000, SNMP, Easy Tier, Easy Tier Heat Map, Elastic Storage+Server, ESS, CORAL