Check out today's Press ReleaseIBM Extends Its Real-Time Collaboration Platform to Millions of Microsoft Users and Mobile Workers
The following contains information about the future direction of IBM products, but it not a commitment that IBM will deliver specific features or capabilities, or that IBM will deliver any product releases at all. Future product direction, dates, features or capabilities can change at any time without notice. The screen shots in the blog represent non-production build and the UI is subject to change.
Most of my previous blogs have been focused on the connect client enhancements and functionality. This week’s Sametime Monday
(technical difficulty on Sunday) is focused on the meeting in 7.5. While the connect client typically draws more attention for Sametime users, I want to make sure that people are aware that IBM is dedicated to improving the meeting service. I attend about 6 Sametime meetings a week and only about 1 or 2 of those meetings are on beta 7.5. Most of the time I am attending the meeting but the other week, I hosted my first Sametime 7.5 meeting and had the chance to really take the new features for a test drive. My favorite feature was the ability to revoke and provide permission's to users by default before the meeting started.
What I would really like to do is get some feedback on what meeting features you would like me to display and blog about. Below is a short list of some of the features.A meeting Welcome page
- When you enter a meeting, there is a new Welcome page that includes the meeting name, meeting date and time, the name of the meeting chair, and any meeting description information.Improved meeting creation
- The user interface for creating a scheduled meeting is enhanced.Automatic reconnect to meetings
- If you lose connectivity during a meeting, automatic attempts are made to restore the connection.Improved file conversion tools and screen sharing
- Enhanced display of files in a meeting. Screen sharing takes place more quickly and the participants list shows who is currently sharing their screen.The ability to upload files during a meeting for any participant with permission to present
- Anyone with permission to present can upload files on-the-fly, during a meeting. Support for additional file types
- There is now an expanded list of supported file types, including support for PDF and ODF files.Easier permission handling
:-D - The user interface for setting permission's is simplified, with a single dialog box making it easy to specify who has permission's. By default, all participants can present.Improved slides, whiteboard, and screen sharing user interface and tools
- The Meeting Room now has three tabbed pages you can use to contribute to and present information:
Improved telephone service integration
- Slides - Current presenters present files that have been added to the meeting.
- Sharing - Current presenters show applications running on their computer.
- Whiteboard - Anyone with permission to present can use the enhanced annotation tools to draw and type, for example, to contribute to brainstorming sessions.
- If telephone services are available, meetings that include telephone conference calls have an improved user interface that allows participants to mute themselves and lets chairs track recent speakers.
I appreciate your feedback and comments.
IBM Premium Service Manager/IT Specialist
Workplace, Portal, and Collaboration Software[Read More