IBM Stewardship Center: Introducing the MDM Functional Dashboard (for Advanced Edition)
With this release, the IBM Stewardship Center for MDM introduces the MDM Functional Dashboard. The Functional Dashboard provides data stewards with insight into the system statistics, activities, trends, and changes that have occurred across a specified period of time, broken into customizable intervals. The MDM Functional Dashboard is designed to enable users to quickly understand MDM key business parameters, system performance and patterns, filtered either by source system or by domain (Party, Account, or Product).
The MDM Functional Dashboard provides graphical visualizations of:
- The number of record changes, by source or by domain, across a period of time.
- The number of suspected duplicate Person and Organization parties created, resolved, or deleted across a period of time.
- The total number of records, organized by source or by domain, across a period of time.
- The number of activities, by source, across a period of time.
- The number of transactions per second, filtered by transaction type, across a period of time.
- The batch details of activities and jobs that are completed, pending, or in-progress.
The features of the MDM Functional Dashboard provide organizations with greater insight into what is happening in their InfoSphere MDM system. This feature addresses frequent requests from our customers in this area and directly address some key competitive issues.
System Statistics Collection Capabilities (for Advanced Edition)
To support the new MDM Functional Dashboard, this release of InfoSphere MDM introduces new capabilities that enable the collection of statistics about the transactions and entities in the system. The new system statistics feature collects entity statistics data and transaction statistics data in real time, and then computes and processes the statistics data using Apache Kafka. This feature includes a mix of new InfoSphere MDM components, services, tables, and business objects, and it leverages Kafka Stream and Kafka Connect applications.
The statistics data collection facilities provides a way to collect entity statistics and transaction statistics data at real time. The feature collects and computes how many entities are added, updated, deleted, or inactivated, and also tracks how many suspected duplicates are created or resolved, all in real time. It also tracks and counts each transaction run on the system. The collected data is then published to Kafka brokers and aggregated hourly. Entity statistics are computed based on the top level entity types and then grouped by entity type, source, and event time.
Making this information available through a set of new services allows customers to leverage these new capabilities within their operational and management infrastructure in addition to getting insights from the MDM Function Dashboard itself.
Consent Management Capability(for Advanced Edition)
As part of IBM's effort to support our customers in becoming seamlessly compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR (see http://www.eugdpr.org/), this release of InfoSphere MDM adds new consent management capabilities:
- InfoSphere MDM has been enhanced by extending its data model and services to be able to capture consent for individuals across all channels.
- Leveraging the existing event and notification framework, organizations can configure consent events to notify other systems such as marketing or analytical systems about consent changes in real time.
- A new graphical user interface enables data stewards to review and update existing consent entries, as well as to create new consent entries for consent remediation.
- The IBM Industry Models have been enhanced with GDPR content, including definitions for processing activities and processing purposes. An out-of-the-box integration between the Information Governance Catalog and InfoSphere MDM accelerates the consent management deployment through seamless consumption of the business definitions for consent into InfoSphere MDM.
Update to System Requirements (for Standard Edition and Advanced Edition)
IBM DB2 for z/OS v12
Responding to requests from clients support has been added for IBM DB2 for z/OS v12 on InfoSphere MDM. This support is applicable to v126.96.36.199 and has also been extended to version 188.8.131.52. This change to the system requirements enables InfoSphere MDM solutions to leverage the key new enhancements offered by this level of Db2, including scalability, reliability, efficiency, security, and availability. It also broadens the range of back-end storage solutions that can now be supported by InfoSphere MDM v184.108.40.206 forward.
Oracle Database 12c Release 2 (12.2)
We are proud to announce the support of Oracle 12c Release 2 with MDM 220.127.116.11