IBM InfoSphere Information Server V11.7 accelerates the delivery of trusted and meaningful information to your business with enhanced automation and new design and usage experiences:
- New smart search to discover and view enterprise information
- Automated data discovery and classification powered by machine learning
- Policy-and-business-classification-driven data quality evaluation
- New browser-based cognitive design experience for data engineers
- New and expanded Hadoop data lake and cloud capabilities and connectivity
- Single and holistic catalogue view of information across the information landscape, enabling users to derive insight through a knowledge graph
The following top 5 features which helps to implement your data translation:
- Contextual Search: The new contextual search feature called Enterprise Search provides your users with the context to avoid such costly mistakes. It greatly simplifies and accelerates the understanding, integration, and governance of enterprise data. Users can visually search, explore and easily gain insights through an enriched search experience powered by a knowledge graph. The graph provides context, insight and visibility across enterprise information giving you a much better understanding and awareness of how data is related, linked, and used.
- Cognitive Design: Getting trusted data to your end users quickly is an imperative. This process starts with your integration design environment. To help address your data integration, transformation or curation needs quickly, Information Server V11.7 now includes a brand new versatile designer, called DataStage™ Flow Designer. It features an intuitive, modern, and secure interface accessible to all users through a no-install, browser-based experience, accelerating your users’ productivity through automatic schema propagation, highlighted design errors, powerful type ahead search as well as full backwards compatibility to the desktop version of the DataStage™ Designer.
- Hybrid Execution: Data Warehouse optimization is one of the leading use cases to address growing data volumes while simplifying and accelerating data analytics. Once again, Information Server V11.7 has strengthened its ability to run on Hadoop with a set of novel features to more efficiently operationalize your Data Lake environment. Amongst those, is an industry unique hybrid execution feature which lets you balance integration workloads across a Hadoop and non-Hadoop environment aimed at minimizing data movements and optimizing your integration resources.
- Accelerated Deployment: Applying agile devOps methodologies becomes a necessity in order to increase efficiency and time to value even in the more traditional data integration design. One important cornerstone of a modern devOps process are flexible and fast deployment options such as utilizing container technology. In order to give you more agility and velocity for your IT operations, starting with V11.7, IBM is including options for Docker-based container deployment for Information Server platform components. Additionally, we have also deepened the integration into Apache Ambari when deploying Information Server on Hadoop, resulting in a 10 times faster deployment as compared to the previous process.
- Automation powered by machine learning: Poor data quality is known to cost businesses millions of dollars each year. The inadvertent use of different units of measurements for the Mars orbiter was ultimately a data quality problem. However, the high manual work combined with exponential data growth continues to be an inhibitor for businesses to maintain high data quality. To counter this, Information Server V11.7 is further automating the data quality process, by underpinning data discovery and classification with machine learning, so that you can spent your time focusing on your business goals. The two innovative aspects are:
- Automation rules which lets business users define graphical rules which then automatically apply data rule definitions and quality dimensions to data sets based business term assignments and
- One-click automated discovery which enables discovery and analysis of all data from a connection in one click providing easy and fast analysis of hundreds or thousands of data sets
Here is the link to the announcement letter