mdefelip 2700063HRT Visits (1200)
InfoSphere Data Explorer Version 8.2-2 includes the following updates:
• Data Explorer Engine uses Installation Manager 1.6.1, which provides a 64-bit version of Data Explorer Engine. It is therefore no longer necessary to install 32-bit libraries to use Installation manager on Linux systems.
• Data Explorer Engine now supports optionally displaying query results in original document formats, known as rich preview. Displaying rich preview results in a browser is not supported in Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 6.0, though all other Data Explorer Engine features are IE6-compatible. Using Rich Preview is described in the Data Explorer Engine Users Guide.
◦ Added support for modular, graphical configuration of the schema that defines the resources, entities, and other fundamental information that is used by an Application Builder application
◦ Added support for setting the default theme used in applications developed using the Application Builder
◦ Added the ability to import and export the configuration information that is used by an Application Builder instance
◦ Added search configuration options including relevancy formula configuration
The release notes are available here.
wbratton 120000E4TY Visits (890)
James Kobielus, Senior Program Director for IBM's Big Data Analytics, is interviewed by Scott Laningham. During the interview Mr. Kobielus discusses why big data is so important, the role of Apache Hadoop and IBM BigInsights in making sense of big data, the evolving role of the data scientist, and and where data warehousing and big intelligence fit in.