In the beginning of May, IBM significantly updated the IBM Support Portal support site, with improvements to make this worldwide one-stop site for technical resources for all IBM products even more effective and useful for our clients. Some are adjustments our clients have requested, others are redesigns to improve our clients' efficiency finding the information they need. Here's a quick rundown of new capabilities to look for.
Several enhancements have been made to the product selection function.
- In the “Choose your products” module, users can now toggle between their full product list and their active product list. (See Image 1A)
- Users can also edit and delete products in the “Choose your products” module using the edit (yellow pencil) and delete (gray trashcan) icons. (See Image 1B)
- Clicking the Edit icon (yellow pencil) allows users to add or modify operating system and/or version information for that product. (See Image 1C)
Additional alerts & messages:
- In the “Manage my product list” overlay, users can now easily delete all of their inactive products or their complete product list. (See Image 2A)
- Anonymous users who subsequently authenticate to the portal will be given the option to add products in their current product list to their saved product list. (See Image 2B)
Service request technical support chat
- When a user adds more than 10 products to their active product list, the user will be notified and the least recently modified product in the active product list will be deactivated.
- When a user adds more than 100 products to their product list, the user will be notified and the least recently modified product in the list will be deleted from the list.
- Technical support chat is now available on service requests (PMRs) that are enabled for chat.
- Chat enabled service requests are indicated with a chat icon (orange voice bubble) in the “IBM Service Request for software” module on the “Service requests and PMRs” page. Users can initiate a chat with an IBM technical support representative about a service request by clicking on the chat icon. (See Image 3)
Additional performance improvements for greater reliability and resiliency have been made to this latest version of the IBM Support Portal.
Click here to visit the IBM Support Portal