Here it is 2014 already and IBM is making some big announcements to start the year off. One of them is in my area of speciality, which is storage. We are (re)announcing the IBM FlashSystem™ 840. This was actually announced back in December, but who had to time to read IBM announcement letters during the busy holiday season? So we're taking the time now to let folks know that there is another great solution in the IBM FlashSystem (formerly Texas Memory Systems RamSan) family.
Let me give you a few highlights of this device:
- 2U form factor- minimal footprint for best of breed ROI
- Low power draw - 625 watts
- Field upgradeable, granular capacity: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 32, 40, 48 TB
- Fully redundant and hot swappable architecture:
- Concurrent code load, highly serviceable design
- Low Latency 135us read /90 µs write
- 1.1M IOPS
- 8 GB/s Bandwidth
- 16Gb/8Gb Fibre Channel or
- 40Gb QDR InfiniBand or
- 10Gb FCoE
Speaking of Edge, this year's event is coming up fast - it starts 19 May 2014 at the Venetian in Las Vegas, NV. Enroll now! Last year's event was sold out, so don't take a chance on missing the premier storage event of the year.