Today's Tip: Work with IBM Support using Technical Support Chat
IBM Technical Support Chat
- You can find IBM Technical Support Chat in the IBM Service Request tool, in the IBM Support Portal pages in the right column (look for the yellow and orange logo "IBM Technical Support Chat"), or if you are an Accelerated Value Program Client, see your "Accelerated Value contact list" in your custom IBM Support Portal pages.
- Chat with support about an open service request
- Provides increased accuracy of resolutions with ability to share command strings and Internet links. Can subsidize voice when there are background noises or language differences. Saves time and reduces downtime. Convenient!
- Establish a "Life line" with IBM Support
- Lightweight, fast way to keep in touch over longer running client actions - rebuilds, reloads. Rather than prearrange a call time allows a chat community meeting place to provide periodic updates / status on progress. Great for making and maintaining contact with IBM, allows multi-tasking, provides an effective communication vehicle.
- Benefit from convenience of chat technology
- Improves convenience, efficiency and accuracy. Variety of chat deployments can be done using the same technology. Premium services, SR, open service request, supplement voice with instant written communications using hot link URLs or highlighting.
- Supports variety of chat scenarios and group chat
- Can support live, callback and a variety of support center paradigms, yet allows sharing of a chat across experts, including you, IBM, and IBM Business Partners.
You can find IBM Technical Support Chat
in the IBM Service Request tool, in the IBM Support Portal
pages in the right column (look for the yellow and orange logo "IBM
Technical Support Chat"), or if you are an Accelerated Value Program
Client, see your "Accelerated Value contact list" in your custom IBM Support Portal
For complete, customized support for all your IBM products, visit the IBM Support Portal
For more information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://ibm.com/electronicsupport
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels: IBM Electronic Support Info Site | Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Electronic Support Information
site. See the video section at the bottom of the Overview page. You may
navigate to additional videos by clicking the grey arrows on the left
and right of this section