Today's Tip: Customizing My Notifications Alerts
Customizing your alerts
- With My Notifications you can receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
customizable communications can contain important news, new or updated
support content, such as publications, hints and tips, technical notes,
product flashes (alerts) and downloads and drivers.
- The tool
allows you to customize and categorize the products you want to monitor
and any of the available delivery methods to suit your support needs.
- Create multiple subscriptions as needed
- Quickly and easily create one or more subscriptions to the products and categories of content that are of interest to you.
- Choose how and when to receive notifications
- Select how often you want to be notified and how you want to
receive the notifications. Multiple delivery methods, including daily or
weekly email, RSS/ATOM feeds, and web-based folders, are available.
- Hint #1: For your most important products, subscribe to to a daily email alert for "Flashes" and and a weekly email alert for all document types.
- Hint #2: Don't be afraid to sign up for multiple products - you will only get a single alert message - with each product listed separately and the each document type organized under each product.
- Hint #3: Don't be afraid to sign up for all content for the products you are interested in. If you don't select "Select/deselect all" in the "Document types" area of My Notifications subscription page, you may miss important news that could help you be more efficient with your IBM products.
Go to My Notifications
now to create and customize your subscriptions.
All you need is an IBM ID and password. You can register for an
IBM ID using the registration link on the My Notifications
login page if you have not done so. Registration is free.
- You may also access My Notifications from the IBM Support Portal's "Notifications" module on the "Support home" page.
For more information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://ibm.com/electronicsupport
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Electronic Support Information
site. See the video section at the bottom of the Overview page. You may
navigate to additional videos by clicking the grey arrows on the left
and right of this section.