IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Beta 2 has arrived!
Now with improved performance and functionality, IBM Support Assistant announces the latest release of IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Beta 2.
Through direct forum feedback and discussions with users, we've improved our set of problem determination tools and capabilities. We're pleased to provide you with the latest troubleshooting platform to help you analyze your problems and reduce time to resolution.
Now with NEW and improved features:
- Global Filter - Lets you filter what's shown in all tabs based on criteria you specify.
- Example case - Helps you get started with a tutorial and sample diagnostic files.
- Usage Data Gathering - Gives you the opportunity to share data about how you use IBM Support Assistant to help guide future development.
- Managed installation - Installs, uninstalls and updates to IBM Support Assistant and its problem determination tools are now managed through IBM Installation Manager. Install only the tools you're interested in and they can be automatically updated when new releases are available.
- Automated data analysis - Automatically scans your case files to find common problem symptoms.
The automated analysis scan is now available in ISA . When the scan completes, the information found during the scan becomes available for your review in IBM Support Assistant, including the new Overview, Symptoms and Global Knowledge Base Matches views. In addition, a Global filter is now enabled which allows you to narrow down the information shown on the various views. New tab layout helps with navigation and file organization:
- Overview tab - Shows a summary of key version and configuration information found in each file.
- Symptoms tab - Shows a list of anomalies (i.e., symptoms) discovered during the scan as well as details for each symptom.
- Global Knowledge Base Matches tab - Shows known potential solutions for each symptom.
The Files View displays information such as symptoms found and any known solutions to that symptom, first/last timestamp, size, and type. A details view provides additional information for each file including the range of timestamps found in this file a summary of product versions found, file type information and a link to download the file.Additional key features:
Get started today
- Case Management - Simplify the organization of your problem determination investigation by grouping your files based on symptoms you're trying to resolve.
- File Management - Enhanced capabilities to help you search through files quickly.
- Problem determination tools - Troubleshoot problems with server based tools that generate analysis results reports or desktop and web based interactive tools.
- Intuitive Web UI - Emphasizing simplicity, IBM Support Assistant allows you to easily open a browser to access the application and problem determination tools.
- Server based application - Install IBM Support Assistant once and collaborate with multiple team members. Analysis processing can now be off-loaded from your desktop!
- Single user desktop - Run the IBM Support Assistant application on your desktop if you prefer a single-user mode.
- Reports View - Provides a quick, concise view into all reports that have been generated from server based problem determination tools.
- Information Center - Expanded documentation for IBM Support Assistant and problem determination tools are now built into the application.
and try IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Beta 2.
Just in time for Information On Demand
- be sure to stop by to see Cindy, Jenny or Kate for more information.
For input and support on IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Beta 2, please visit the forum
For more information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://ibm.com/electronicsupport
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Electronic Support Information
site. See the video section at the bottom of the Overview page. You may
navigate to additional videos by clicking the grey arrows on the left
and right of this section.