Tip of the Week: How to Link your IBM Customer Number to your IBM ID
Note: This blog post was updated in December 2012 due to IBM Service Request's user experience updates in late November 2012.
There are many benefits for IBM clients who link their IBM customer number (ICN) and their IBM ID.
What are IBM customer numbers (ICNs) and IBM IDs?
How do I link my IBM Customer Number (ICN) and my IBM ID?
- An IBM Customer Number (ICN) is the unique number that IBM issues its customers during the post contract signing entitlement process. An ICN is issued only to IBM customers who have a contract with IBM.
- An IBM ID is a free, single ID and password you can use across the ibm.com domain.
Please follow these steps to link your IBM Customer Number (ICN) and your IBM ID in the IBM Service Request (SR) tool:
What benefits do I receive by linking my IBM Customer Number (ICN) and my IBM ID?
Once registered in SR, you may use your IBM ID to sign in to the IBM Support Portal: http://ibm.com/support to experience the full benefits of this registration process.
- Access IBM Service Request at: http://ibm.com/support/entry/portal/open_service_request
- Click on "Sign in".
- Enter your IBM login ID and password.
- If you do not have a login ID, click the "register now" link located just above the login box to create your login/password.
- Request access by entering your IBM customer number (ICN), selecting the country/region, your justification for accessing IBM Service Request, and clicking "Submit"
- If you don’t know your IBM customer number ICN), you may contact:
- Your company’s contracting or purchasing department.
- Your Site Technical Contact (STC).
- Your IBM Sales Representative. You may find local contact information here.
- If you are a Passport Advantage client, contact the eCare Team.
- Click the "Send verification email" button. This action will send you an email with a registration code.
- Enter the registration code that was sent to you via email into the Registration code field, and click "Submit."
- Ability to download software fixes you are entitled to
- A customized view of your IBM products and services
- Viewing content that made available to IBM clients only
- Faster creation of service requests
- With full access, the ability to see all current service requests across your company under your linked ICN
For additional help with linking your IBM Customer Number (ICN) and IBM ID in the IBM Service Request tool, visit this checklist with screen captures of the process: http://ibm.com/software/support/servicerequest/quick_start.html
For more information about all of IBM's Electronic Support sites and tools, please visit: http://ibm.com/electronicsupport
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
IBM Electronic Support Info Site | Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
If you can't access YouTube, our videos are also available in the IBM Electronic Support Information
site. See the video section at the bottom of the Overview page. You
may navigate to additional videos by clicking the grey arrows on the
left and right of this section.