If you guessed IBM Support Assistant as the next electronic support tool with a new release in November, then you are correct. Here is what you've won:
IBM Support Assistant 4.1.2 delivers several defect fixes and a new version of its quick data collection tool ISA Lite. The following new features are available in ISA Lite:
- Once the inventory is collected in ISA Lite, you can now easily view the inventory in a browser.
- ISA Lite uses Ant 1.8, keeping up with the latest technology.
- You can more easily view the menu options because each menu option in ISA Lite running in console mode has a number associated with it.
- A great amount of work has been done with respect to the response file.
- You can pause the processing of a response file in one of the following scenarios:
- Pause the response processing for a defined period (e.g. to collect trace)
- Pause the response processing until a console response is received (e.g. to allow problem to be recreated, which is a step in a lot of plug-in scripts)
- ISA Lite now has a more extensible format, using name-value pairs for the response file, which allow for the following:
- Users are able to add comments inside the response file
- Response files contain name-value pairs that cover all the relevant questions
- Users can easily edit response files by hand to customize it for different systems
- There is also improved usability. Check out these cool features:
- ISA Lite version info is automatically written to the console and log at startup; the same info can be found under the Help menu, and by passing -version to the start scripts
- You can run ISA Lite with the -help option to view information about how to use the tool
- You can select another file transfer option when the selected file transfer fails
- A visual indicator shows if the collection has ended successfully or failed (progress bar is green when collection is completed with no errors and red when it fails)
- No files are written to the ISA Lite install directory if ISA Lite is run with the -useHome option
- Added support for Windows 7 and Linux RedHat 64-bit
- Added inventory collection support for Solaris
So if you haven't tried ISA or ISA Lite, treat yourself to data collection made easy, with another IBM electronic Support Tool.
And, as always, stay tuned and stay connected by following this blog, ibm_eSupport on Twitter
, or subscribing to the IBMElectronicSupport YouTube Channe