End of 2012 I did blog posting BMP.xsl.html (Basic Multilingual Plane) in which I described stylesheet BMP.xsl that created nice 16x16 table with each cell containing a 16x16 table containing a single unicode character, that spans the complete Basic Multilangual Plane (BMP, Unicodes 0-65535).
In this xml-dev posting John Cowan pointed to two BMP videos and an A0 .pdf poster.
I replied to that posting and criticized that the A0 poster does not show any BMP structure.
And I did provide XQib (XQuery in the browser) script BMP.xq.html in that posting that creeated the complete BMP table from my previous posting on the fly (the XSLT 1.0 solution did need a two-step approach). While only 2.2KB in size, it does take more than a minute to render in my browser, though.
I wanted to have BMP.xq.html A0 poster, but the biggest paper format our printers do provide is A3.
So I modified the XQuery script resulting in 8 of them spanning the whole BMP.
And for each I created the A3 PDF file which you can access below.
Since today his A0 = 8 x A3 BMP poster covers the outside wall of my Boeblingen lab office ;-)
And clicking each of the 8 XQuery links below now takes at most 13 seconds to render in my (Firefox) browser