This is the interesting scenario:
- a TCP connection (tcp://...) is opened by dp:url-open from within a stylesheet to a rawTCP server
- the server returns a Non-XML string
- the stylesheet retrieves it with response="binaryNode"
- it accesses the value with(!) UTF-8 validation by
- "end of message" is either determined by the server closing the connection or connection timeout,
see comment http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=369853#14614184
What I learned by that posting is that even if a stylesheet references external files coproc2 technique
could be used:
In addition the posting shows how to make use of netcat tool as simplest form of a rawTCP server.
This is useful in debugging issues between DataPower and other TCP servers -- get it working with netcat and you know that DataPower side is fine.