- You can bring multiple existing applications together onto a single page.
- The users will be blissfully unaware of the fact that these applications were possibly developed with different underlying technologies (e.g. Domino Designer, Portal Factory, java etc.).
- These applications can speak to each other in a loosely coupled way which will eliminate much of the cutting and pasting you do today.
- The applications can automatically adapt to run on different platforms and/or present a different interface to different types of users.
- You can create generic templates and end users will then instantiate variants by filling in points of variability in each instance.
- If you discover a component which does a function very well, you can reuse it several times in different applications.
- End users can easily assemble and wire their own applications out of components posted in a component,
It is my guess that most customers are mainly interested in the first four bullet points and not the later three. The reasons for this are more to do with people's readiness to use the technology rather than the readiness of the technology to be used.[Read More]