Wallboard - SVC Cluster Overview
This dashboard provides an overview of a Storwize or SVC cluster. The dashboard is called once for each server to be monitored. The dashboard displays information about server-side volumes at the top. The lower section displays information about the storage used.
Row 1: Frontend related capacity and performance information
- Virtual Capacity: Chart shows the sum of all volumes sizes how volumes are presented to the hosts.
- CPU % (4hmx): Shows the average CPU utilization of all CPUs of the selected cluster.
- UC Partition (4hmx): Shows the utilization of the Upper Cache.
- Single LC Partition (4hmx): The chart shows the utilization of the Lower Cache.
- SAN Host Traffic rx+tx (4hmx): The chart shows the SAN ports load which is directed to the hosts
Row 2: Frontend Performance
- Latency tachometer for frontend volumes
- IO and Latency chart for frontend volumes (VDisks)
Row 3: Backend related capacity and performance information
- Allocated Capacity: Shows the allocated capacity from the storage pools
- Allocable Capacity: Shows the available capacity from the storage pools
- Free Capacity %: Shows the free capacity in %
- Capacity Savings %: Shows the storage efficiency with thin provisioning and compression
- Capacity Coverage %: The over provisioned cap coverage % metric helps to monitor how much capacity is available to cover the over provisioned virtual capacity of the thin provisioned (space efficient) VDisks
- Cache hit% (4hmn): Shows the read and prestage cache hit rate from the lower cache.
- SAN Local Traffic rx+tx (4hmx): The chart shows the SAN ports load which is internal between nodes
- SAN Controller Traffic rx+tx (4hmx): The chart shows the SAN ports load which is directed to storage controllers.
Row 4: Backend Performance
- Latency Tachometer for backend volumes
- IO and Latency chart for backend storage Volumes (MDisks)
- Especially in the performance tachometers and charts on lines 2 and 4, the thresholds have to be adjusted for the specific environment.
- It may be necessary to save the Dashboard for special clusters multiple times. For these dashboards, the selection options for special clusters in the template can be set by filters.
- The thresholds in lines 1 and 3 are general, but can also be adjusted if necessary.
Hints & restrictions:
- Each Panel has it's own additional help text