This is my top TCO calculator....
Social Business transformation
with Tags: virtualize X
Here is a podcast I did recently around cost reduction strategy:
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  open office symphony virtualize microsoft ibm palmisano migrate collaboration occs client linux liberate 2,304 Visits
Check out this report from eweek on Palmisano's top 15 moves.
Move # 8 is all around the IBM Open Collaboration Client Solution (OCCS -- http://www.ibm.com/lotus/openclient) including virtual linux desktops using Virtual Bridges and Canonical - the Microsoft desktop alternative, and Symphony (http://symphony.lotus.com)
Why should CIOs and CFOs care?
1. Opportunity to free up your IT budget
2. Opportunity to get ROI in less than a year
3. Opportunity to lower TCO
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  windows bridges redhat desktop reduce liberate ubuntu linux canonical migrate virtual cost tco microsoft novell roi virtualize 2,848 Visits
Reduce costs, lower TCO, <1year ROI?
Here is the Liberate - Migrate - Virtualize recipe
Liberate:- free up money in IT budget by taking alternate procurement strategy: http://www.ibm.com/software/info/liberate
- more than 600 companies have freed up $3.5B over the last 3 years by executing this strategy
Migrate:- Reduce software licencing costs and increase productivity through best-of-breed smarter collaboration technologies
- There are several starting points and scenarios based on user segmentation (http://www.ibm.com/lotus/openclient)
- Microsoft office to Lotus Symphony (http://symphony.lotus.com)
- Microsoft windows to Linux
- Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, SharePoint, etc. to IBM Lotus Collaboration
- Add Lotus Sametime, Lotus Connections, Lotus Quickr etc to the current environment
- Leverage a variety of Integrated Communication Services including converged communications, mobility and wireless, network optimization, RFID, and telecom expense management
- Simplify your server infrastructure by moving to Linux, System Z, etc
- Pick the best delivery model
Virtualize: (http://www.ibm.com/lotus/openclient)- Reduce operational costs
- Virtual windows/Linux desktops for the right user segments
- Managed end user services including self enablement portal, asset recovery, platform integration and deployment, software platform management, and workplace optimization
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  planet collaboration virtualize liberate smarter cio symphony migrate cost reduction linux cognition 2,257 Visits
Lotusphere 2009 was quite exciting. I am back again here due to requests from customers and partners who wanted to keep a pulse on competitive insights. So what is new? what is hot?
Cost reduction strategies is hot. Remember? Liberate, Migrate, Virtualize...
Desktop Virtualization is hot. Particularly if you virtualize your Linux desktops. Yes Linux. Check out this solution IBM announced with Virtual Bridges and Canonical in Dec 2008.
Then of course, how can you collaborate smarter? What does it mean to People, their workspace, and the business processes and relevant information sources?