Social Business transformation
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  sametime connections sharepont moss tco lotus ibm ocs ucc domino 1 Comment 2,101 Visits
Interesting analysis by Applicable in UK, modelled for 500-4000 users:
Cost of adding advanced collaboration capabilities: compare between IBM and Microsoft:
- IBM Solutions are up to 37% cheaper based on Infrastructure costs and subsequent user support costs.
- When licensing costs are introduced, particularly those of Microsoft Office – this saving is more pronounced.
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  net psytechnics unified nec voice nortel con avaya sametime planetronics siemens polycom ucc mitel lucent telephony dialogic 1,572 Visits
No more missed connections...
Check out IBM Lotus Sametime Unified Telephony announcement at Voicecon today (available in July 2009):
Participants in the Sametime Unified Telephony Validation Programinclude, IP PBX service providers Alcatel Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, NEC,Nortel, Mitel and Siemens, media gateway vendors Dialogic and NET, andenhanced voice quality providers GN Netcom, Plantronics, Polycom andPsytechnics.
IBM announces the availability of a new service designed specificallyto enable clients to readily reap the benefits of Sametime UnifiedTelephony. IBM Converged Communications Services for Sametime UnifiedTelephony builds on IBM's extensive experience in IP telephony andpartnership with telephony vendors across the industry and wasdeveloped working closely with the Sametime Unified Telephonydevelopment teams and beta customers.
Sametime Unified Telephony helps people make smarter and fasterdecisions by putting them in contact with the right people, at theright time, on the right device. Sametime Unified Telephony makesmissed connections a thing of the past, allowing people to see who ison the phone before they make a call. Incoming calls can beautomatically sent to the device best suited to the situation based onpresence, location and personal preferences. People can also turn apersonal computer into a virtual telephone allowing them to talk with acolleague through VoIP directly from their desktop, which can result insignificant savings, especially when traveling.
The advanced click-to-call features in Sametime Unified Telephonyallow people to click on a person's name to start a voice conversation,IM chat session or video conference. People can also drag and dropnames from their IM client to add colleagues to a conference call. Inaddition, with one click a person can transfer a call from their officetelephone to a mobile device without interrupting the call.
AntonySatyadas 1100009CNT Tags:  calculator symphony communication ucc roi optimize workspace collaboration unified linux tco 2,040 Visits
Obviously figuring out TCO when you look for desktop alternatives is important. I did a quick search on what is out there. Check these out:
1. RedHat TCO calculator: considers savings from not renewing/signing Microsoft Enterprise Agreements, Moving from Windows to Linux desktops, servers, etc.
2. Omni has a Novell desktop TCO calculator: http://www.omni-ts.com/linux-desktop/tco-calculator.html
3. Virtualization (including desktop, but looks like windows based) TCO calculator: http://www.alinean.com/P_TCOcalculator.asp
4. Small Business solutions: http://www.bilal.ca/how-to-save-money-with-lotus-foundations/
5. ROI around Messaging and collaboration: http://www.permessa.com/roi_calculator